ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best BB Providers Other than Sky

Rolls Royce
Been with sky for 12 months now in my new house, and the connection has been toss, must have rung them at least 20 times! Still no luck, it constantly drops connection and sometimes it will let me connect then drop for 2 hours then let me back on, they're customer service is f**king toss!

Also the speeds i've been getting should be upto 20MB unlimited and at the best of times I get half a meg. They tell me in my area I should be getting upto 8 meg. One of my mates gets 15MB download speeds.

I've had 2 new routers out of them, new cables and micro filters but still no luck. Any reccomendations?

330Ci (Fail)Sport

o2 have been excellent for me. Any probs (about 3 in 3 years) with slow connection and they play with the settings their side and it's sorted. For some reason, we get faster speeds on o2 than we did with Pipex or are quoted to get by any other provider.

dk

911 GTS Cab
02, get 20mb, no traffic shaping

only downside is s**t router, but that can be upgraded.

Megane 265 Cup
be

Cannot speak highly enough of them, great online forum support and ticket system also support from them through IRC and a brilliant connection with no shaping or any of that b****cks.

A red missile
Do be only do adsl2+ because i've tried the 'what speed can I get' malarky on their site and it tells me its unavailable to me.

Not living near a population centre sucks arse for BB access.

Megane 265 Cup
They are not available everywhere, they have to install their own equipment at your exchange to make their service available to you, so yes I would assume they only offer adsl2+

421 Cammed 172
Sky have been good for me.

Although it has started to drop off sometimes, but luckily never when im on CoD.

My mom's Virgin connection CONSTANTLY drops off, She's had to try to cancel her contract just to get an engineer out as all they kept telling her to do was turn it off, disconnect all wires and then turn it on.

She's paying for 20mb and only getting 5mb, through a cable wire NOT a telephone wire.

Telephone wires can make your speed vary as depending on how far away from the telephone exchange you are will effect your speed.