ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best bridge camers sub £220

Misses wants to step up from her point and shoot to something with a bit more zoom and control. And no, she does not want an DSLR!

Was thinking of a Panasonic FZ28 as you can get them for just over £200. Anyone got any other suggestions?

182 FF Inferno
I'm currently in the same situation. Want something more then a point and shoot but can't justify/ don't want to shell out on DSLR+ lenses.

The FZ28 does seem to be the best of the bunch going by reviews. Theres a Canon (can't remember model) which gets good reviews but is slightly more expensive. Also theres a new Sony out soon but thats the wrong side off £400!

Be interesting to know what you end up with. I think I'm going with the FZ28 when I can afford it (quite hard to get hold of though)

Plenty around on the net matey - I sis look at the Nikon P90, but they still have issues with noisy images much like the P80. Looks like I will get her the FZ28 so far!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
FZ28 I think.

I've been looking at one too but might save for a DSLR, but the FZ28 seems to do all very well, so may comparise some quality for price, size and HD movie mode (although the sound isn't amazing). Good price too. I found the camera, bag, spare battery, 16 GBs of memory cards and UV filters came to around £280. Very reasonable IMO.

182 FF Inferno
Vish, I originally wanted a Bridge style but after much reading of forums (including here) got swayed towards a DSLR especially with prices coming down.

I've decided to go back to a Bridge as I think a DSLR is a bit OTT for me. I don't want to be splashing out on various lenses for high zooms. I know a Bridge is a compromise on quality compared to a DSLR but I don't think I'll notice it coming from a 8+year old point and shoot!!

If you're not bothered by being out of production, get a Fuji S6500FD or S9600 - awesome for the money (couple of hundred, tops, should be less) and you can do pretty much everything you can do with a DSLR.

You can get some pretty good pictures with it :)

DSCF7554.jpg

DSCF8630.jpg

Raw00340.jpg

DSCF2935.jpg

Raw00540.jpg

DSCF4442.jpg

Last edited:
  330Ci (Fail)Sport
Vish, I originally wanted a Bridge style but after much reading of forums (including here) got swayed towards a DSLR especially with prices coming down.

I've decided to go back to a Bridge as I think a DSLR is a bit OTT for me. I don't want to be splashing out on various lenses for high zooms. I know a Bridge is a compromise on quality compared to a DSLR but I don't think I'll notice it coming from a 8+year old point and shoot!!

I'm still swaying atm. SLRs have always appealed to me with my dad and uncle having them, just seeing what deals I can get. Will be a sizeable amount more for a DSLR as I'll need a tele lens too. My current camera is pretty old too now, although allows for full adjustability, it lacks in quality so a FZ28 will be a big improvement for me too. Have decided to wait and buy near end of May as I've got exams soon so will see how much I can save up and then decide.