ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best colour for a 200?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Storm grey with black speedlines s***s over any other colour.

People that disagree with that statement have had a head injury at some point.

Mercury comes a close 2nd though. Very crisp looking silver that is.

V6 255
Storm grey with black speedlines s**ts over any other colour.

People that disagree with that statement have had a head injury at some point.

Mercury comes a close 2nd though. Very crisp looking silver that is.

I don't like Strom Grey, think it looks washed out. If Renault would have used Lunar Grey on the other hand...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Best colour is deep black. It's the only colour that hides the front end frog faced hideousness.

100_9020.jpg

Again, I think Renault did a good job sleeting the 200, a great variety. Shame Alien green and Storm grey have gone. AG looks awesome in the metal, its hard to capture the colour in a photograph though.

Agree'd that a few subtle options really make the car. A spoiler (of some sort, but mainly cup :rasp:) Speedlines and the cornering lights all help.

Hell no to the anthracite pack though.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Who me? Or the fact they don't do it no more.

Being completely honest, if I ordered another one (which I will when the 5 door one comes out) I won't go for storm grey. It looks great on a nice sunny day but when its overcast and/or raining it is a fcuking depressing colour to look at.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Pearl white looks ok in that pic, I bet 99% of the time it just looks like gw... I'm yet to see pw in person so I can't comment more on it.

SG/base coat is a great colour though. Shame it's not an option any more :/ did anyone spec base coat and the anthracite pack?

V6 255
Pearl white looks ok in that pic, I bet 99% of the time it just looks like gw... I'm yet to see pw in person so I can't comment more on it.

SG/base coat is a great colour though. Shame it's not an option any more :/ did anyone spec base coat and the anthracite pack?

Trying not to sound too biased, it looks different most of the time to gw. Where gw is more of a pure white, this has an off white look in poor light. One of the times it looks it's best is when you look back at it in the petrol station under the artificial lighting. Even if it's a bit mucky the pearl shines through.

I'll grant you that for the untrained eye people could mistake it. But the same as people calling 172 cups Arctic Blue...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, Pearl White's quite a lot different. It's a bit too 'creamy' for me though.

Out of the two, I'd pick GW though. I nearly did.

V6 255
Yeah, Pearl White's quite a lot different. It's a bit too 'creamy' for me though.

Out of the two, I'd pick GW though. I nearly did.

Yeah I can see why some might not like it. Especially with the price. The thing for me was I saw a Renault 5 turbo in it and fell in love. As GW was an option I knew that most people would get that, and with the price of PW being what it is, I knew I'd have a rare car. It's 1/30

Back on topic, all colours can look good, but for me it depends an what other options you tick as to whether they work. The spoiler option, wheel option etc. e.g. for me an Albi blue, no cup chassis, standard non-cup wheels and a cup spoiler would look gash, but with cup chassis, black speedlines, GT spoiler, then it looks awesome

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I can see why some might not like it. Especially with the price. The thing for me was I saw a Renault 5 turbo in it and fell in love. As GW was an option I knew that most people would get that, and with the price of PW being what it is, I knew I'd have a rare car. It's 1/30

Back on topic, all colours can look good, but for me it depends an what other options you tick as to whether they work. The spoiler option, wheel option etc. e.g. for me an Albi blue, no cup chassis, standard non-cup wheels and a cup spoiler would look gash, but with cup chassis, black speedlines, GT spoiler, then it looks awesome

Good shout, My PW should been coming next month!

F56 MINI Cooper S
Glacier white 200 or alien green.

Black looks cack imo, too much like any normal clio. Plus theres too much black on the front, which needs to be broken up.

Lee

BMW M2C
I'd go RB or UR. White is nice, but done to death now and looked better on the 197 and I've never really wanted to drive around in a bright yellow or bright green car TBH, certainly not around Birmingham. Unfortunately, I'm old enough (still younger than Funk White though;)) to remember when everything in Max Power was some super bright sparkly colour so they still remind me of those days.

Mine looks okay, it's an odd colour in that in some lights it's pretty much silver, in others it's a lot more grey. The brighter the light, the darker the car looks.

6868800150_21c2aaa842_b.jpg

RS_200_012 by RodStreet, on Flickr

RB FF 200 CUP
I don't think any of the colours Renault do are bad for the 200
Although mines RB i dont dislike any of the other colours - its the clio 200 model/design i like
Your choice matey - they all look good to me