ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best D-SLR camera to buy and best place(streetstores prefrably)

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
im intersted in the following types of photography
action
landscape
macro
low light

and looking for following features Bold being more important:

High continuous speed
Large buffer
Fast multi-point autofocus
Extended dynamic range
Dust control
Color control (especially earth tones)
Image stabilization
Compatible with macro lenses
Low noise at high ISO settings
Image noise reduction for slow shutter speeds

any help would be great looking to spend up to £250 used or new condition:)

Better than yours. C*nt.
Ha!

Sorry, I'm looking at that list and seeing D50 as a basic one, but you won't see one of those for £250!

dk

911 GTS Cab
i was thinking nikon d90 or canon d50 until i got to the price............

Oh dear, sorry, but you are being unrealistic.

For that amount of money you are only just going to be able to get a DSLR, let alone a good one i'm afraid.

Not sure how much second hand 40d's are going at the mo but if you stretch your budget you might, but then second hand is unlikely to a streetstore as you request....

182 (Conversion)
£250 not a lot (especially as decent glass is a lot more than that), but is enough to get you started. I'd vote for a Canon 20D, you can get mint ones second hand for around £200 leaving some to get a crappy kit lens - to upgrade in the future.

Nimbus 197
£250 isn't enough to satisfy your needs but it could get you an entry level DSLR. For spec like that I would suggest a Nikon D90 or better.

I'm confused.

If you h'actually know about all the things you supposedly want in a camera, then you'd know that you won't get it that cheap or at least you could look at the cameras and judge for yourself.

If you have no idea and you just copied that list from somewhere, then I'd hazzard a guess that you don't really need it all.

You'd get a 2nd hand D40/D50 for that.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Look at the Pentax K200D, iirc they retail at about £350 or so... PM me as I might have a *legitamate* contact to get you one for £235 or so (I'm in the right industry :p) no promises though.

Jim

P.S. Low light doesn't really work for D-SLR - you'll need a good flash or a tripod for that kinda stuff...

Also, I'd like to know what camera you've been using up until now? As with a bit of research (learning how D-SLR works), I found I got a lot more use out of my old P&S as I understood what I needed to do to get what I wanted.

i.e. Make sure you want one - as their an expensive investment, and can be an expensive hobby (extra/better lenses cost a bomb!!!)

Ian

Focus TDCi
If you're going to be shooting at night and you want good reproduction of earthly colours am I right in assuming that you want to take long exposures of landscape scenes?

If that's the case, or something similar, your money would be better spent on a tripod and some noise reduction software, rather than a camera that can handle high ISO (At a guess you would have to be looking at Canon #D's and Nikon D###'s?, which cost a fortune). That way you can keep the ISO down and remove any noise with software such as Noise Ninja. I can't recommend a camera, as any suggestions from me would probably be in the £400+ range.

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Look at the Pentax K200D, iirc they retail at about £350 or so... PM me as I might have a *legitamate* contact to get you one for £235 or so (I'm in the right industry :p) no promises though.

Jim

P.S. Low light doesn't really work for D-SLR - you'll need a good flash or a tripod for that kinda stuff...

Also, I'd like to know what camera you've been using up until now? As with a bit of research (learning how D-SLR works), I found I got a lot more use out of my old P&S as I understood what I needed to do to get what I wanted.

i.e. Make sure you want one - as their an expensive investment, and can be an expensive hobby (extra/better lenses cost a bomb!!!)

Exaclty m8 i wanna be make sure when i get one its a good one only reason i asked on here :) atm i had basic cameras and this will be me first D-SLR just wanna make sure its the right oone btw iv pm'ed u :) ;)

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
PM'd.

Like I said, my contact may be able to get you one. He was doing a favour when he sorted me out, so it may not be possible for "strangers" (to him) :p, also depends on the supplier (and quantity they have).

Jim

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
thanks for all your advie guys i think im gonna wait a bit till i can afford something a bit better after reading what you put chheers tom =]

Do what Ben said.

D50 and 50mm. That's a cheap combo and it'll see you right for all sorts.

These were taken with a D50 and 50mm f1.8. Obviously at night/low light! lol..

3238731709_d55cfa4a61_b.jpg

3188627881_af50a7de0d_b.jpg

3483082131_63e7a5d971_b.png