ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yay or Nay?

Honda & VW
Just looking about at a few lenses on Ebay and stumbled across this, now i understand it won't be the best thing in the world but for £40 is it worth it?

NEW! Deluxe 55mm 0.45 X Wide Angle Lens PROFESSIONAL HD
HIGH DEFINITION SUPER WIDE ANGLE LENS WITH MACRO
Japan Optics , Premium Rimmed Glass
GUARANTEED NOT TO DISTORT THE PICTURE!
LENS BAG is included!
045x_WIDE_ANGLE_58mm_________2.jpg

WE-DO-NOT-SHIP-TO-UK.jpg

The camera's angle of view multiply the camcorder, digital/video camera by 0.45 times, which more than doubles the angle of view of the camera. Great for landscapes or recording in situations where a little creative curvature of field or fish-eye effects, it is wanted for a certain style.

This unique lens works on ALL Cameras & Camcorders with 55mm size Lens Filter thread!!!
58mm_045x_SUPER_WIDE___1-1.jpg

Features & Specifications

This excellent lens can be separated in
two pieces (unscrewed): macro part and wide angle part. So you can use it both ways: like macro lens (without wide angle part) and like wide angle with macro together! This is a very unique feature of this lens for its price. So for the
price of only ONE lens you are getting TWO!
0.45x_WIDE_ANGLE_52mm_________3.jpg

Professional 0.45x Super Wide Angle Lens
0.45X Professional Deluxe High Definition Super Wide Angle Lens
Built-in MACRO lens for extreme close-up shots
Digital SLR Pro Lens
Professional High Definition: PHD Lens reduces glass flare & ghosting caused by reflections
Special Element Frame: Special matte aluminum satin finish frame reduces reflections & optimized photography
<LI dir=ltr>
Premium Rimmed Glass: High quality rimmed glass reduces light reflection around lens edge
Infrared Compatible: For high resolution day & night recording
Lens Back Threads Size 55mm
AF / Infrared Compatible
High Definition Lens
Lens is High Quality Crystal Optics
Lens is Multi-Coated
Auto Focus
Fully Automatic
Great for Every Type of Photographic Situation
Japan Optics

SPECIFICATIONS
MAGNIFICATION0.45 XLENS COMPOSITION2-2 FULLY MULTI-COATEDMOUNT THREAD55mm STRAIGHTWEIGHT280G

Condition & Warranty
This item is 100% BRAND NEW! 5 YEAR WARRANTY BY SELLER.
Package Contents

55mm Wide Angle Lens with Macro

Lens Bag
Lens CAP

Oil Burner
If you want to do macro you want extension tubes.

There are very cheap ones on ebay that wont AF, but if your going to use a tripod and live-view then they should produce good macro stuff (i also believe they dont have optics they simply increase the distance between the back of the lens and sensor, so you dont loose quality through any 'high definition Japanese quality glass'

I would hazard a guess the above lens will be pants.

Professional quality and £40 doesnt happen.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
and if you are looking at this for wide angle stuff and dont want a fisheye style ring i wouldnt bother to. as to zoom in enough not to get heavy vignetting means its not actually that wide. best off with a proper wide angle lens even a kit 18-55mm lens is probably more favourable than this

1.2 Dynamique billabong
as pete said the photomerge function can be awesome

this is like a 5 image stitch i took on my dads point and shoot ixus in hong kong a few years ago. got a print about 1 metre long on my wall :)
hkweb.jpg

Honda & VW
blimey you guys must have only been a matter of feet away from each other (totally different times i assume).

yeah i wanted to take one from the point he took his but alas it was full of freaking japanese and American tourists lol

mine was june 2008

1.2 Dynamique billabong
haha awesome, i loved HK was amazing and the view from victoria peak is stunning.
did you go up there during the evening too. we went up at about 5pm and had something to eat up there so we could see it in day and night. Must have been about 6 years ago i went now, definately want to go back

just found another stitch i did from the pit wall at silverstone

pan-webcopy-1.jpg

1.2 Dynamique billabong
there was some dodgy website called softsalez which my dad used a few times and you could pick up PS for £16, looks like it has been closed down now though

Proper wides aren't cheap. Depends if you want wide or fisheye.

Wide is better IMO. Fisheye is a bit more of a gimmick. For the Sigma 10-20mm which is the popular one, you're looking at £350ish.

Honda & VW
Proper wides aren't cheap. Depends if you want wide or fisheye.

Wide is better IMO. Fisheye is a bit more of a gimmick. For the Sigma 10-20mm which is the popular one, you're looking at £350ish.

sorry mate i meant Photoshop not the wide angle lens!?

Lol. Sorry.

Photoshop is £500ish.

Elements which is a cut down version which will do most things you'll need is about £60.

No, you don't need anything else.

Elements will do most people TBH. I'm not sure what it cuts out but I don't think it's anything vital.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yeah elements will do you fine although you might want to check it has the photomerge function. Also have a look on t'internet for PS plug-ins there are some quite good ones out there. The tiffen digital photo filters are quite cool.