ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best dampers for Eibach Sportlines?

Megane RS 250
I have these, bought here, ready to fit, but I'm not sure what to do.
Koni Yellow are way too expensive.
My stock 172 FF shocks are old, even with standard springs they're are wobbly and wheel control is poor on bad tarmac, it's noisy too.

So the choice would be:
renew and re-set of my dampers from a local company, with quoted me 340 euros
New stock dampers (250 euros)
??? any other choice?

Clio 172
New OEM dampers are perfect, had this setup on both my 172's, which were both tracked, and can't fault it.

Megane RS 250
I don't think B8 are available for the RS, Bilstein makes only the PSS b14 kit. I've fitted the B8 to my father's volvo v50 which came with lowered springs when new, and it's perfect.

Apex Sport? I'm looking for a good road setup, not stiff as a brick because the roads here are pretty bad. I think I'll follow colm suggestion, new stock dampers...what is the best price?

Clio 172
I don't think B8 are available for the RS, Bilstein makes only the PSS b14 kit. I've fitted the B8 to my father's volvo v50 which came with lowered springs when new, and it's perfect.

Apex Sport? I'm looking for a good road setup, not stiff as a brick because the roads here are pretty bad. I think I'll follow colm suggestion, new stock dampers...what is the best price?
k-tecracing.com sell them, they're in and around 50 stg per corner

b/g 182, meg tourer
i would just replace the oem dampers for genuine renault ones. its supprising what a difference fresh dampers make. and around £50 / £55 per shock.

Clio RS 2.0 16v
Hello clio friends,

I am from Hong Kong.

I installed Eibach Sportline spring for my Clio 172 Sport (Shocks standard).

In the beginning I feel no travel at the front suspension (Guess the shock hits the bump stop)
At that time I felt car shifting to all direction especially on rough road surface.

After checking I found the front bump stops are broken, then I removed it.
Without the bump stop I felt suspension travel was good enough.

However, the car runs like a floating boat on the road.
The suspension cannot control the whole car, it shifts to all direction and floating on the road even the speed is low as 30km.

My Question:

Do I need to CUT the front bump-stop (How much to cut or remove the whole bump-stop) when installing KONI Yellow shocks with Eibach Sportline?
Do you know Eibach Sportline may perfectly match with Koni yellow?
Any better spring may work with Koni Yellow?

MANY MANY THANKS FOR ALL INPUT !!