ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best exhaust for £500

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I'm looking to replace my chav spec exhaust with something a bit less offensive and am wondering what to buy. Ideally I'd like a PMS system but they're silly money, so what else is good that doesn't cost a fortune?

I've been looking at the RS192, the Scorpion single backbox systems, or the Piper system. All would be run with a decat most of the time, but all would have a centre silencer.

Personally I like the look of the Piper most, but I'd be interested to hear people's opinions on them all, and also if there's anything I've missed

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
For the sake of another 95 quid just get the pms ones. I love mine on my 172. Sounds brilliant

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I’ve got a Piper on mine. Was bought and fitted by the previous owner, so wasn’t my choice but I think it sounds mega.

It is loud, even more so with the decat.

Here’s a crap video I sent @Louis last year when I refitted my decat.

Craigy69k

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 182 FF
Before buying a whole new system put a resonator/silencer/ cat in it in case anything like this is missing, should quieten it down a good bit

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
For the sake of another 95 quid just get the pms ones. I love mine on my 172. Sounds brilliant
I know it's not a huge amount of money by itself, but I started looking at exhausts that were £400 and thought about stretching my budget by 25% to include the Piper, the PMS would be 50% more than what I originally set out to spend
It does sound good though, and not as loud as mine at idle I don't think
Before buying a whole new system put a resonator/silencer/ cat in it in case anything like this is missing, should quieten it down a good bit
I've actually got a cat in it at the moment to try and tone it down slightly, but I'd like to remove it completely. I thought about having a garage fit a centre silencer but I'm really not happy with the rest of the system so I think I'd end up wasting my money. It looks like it was built from plumbing supplies and welded by Stevie Wonder 😂

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got a Piper on mine. Was bought and fitted by the previous owner, so wasn’t my choice but I think it sounds mega.

Here’s a crap video I sent @Louis last year when I refitted my decat.

View attachment 1590547
This system really does sound great.

Video of it in action being told off for being a norty boy

2 seconds in.

V6 255, 172 cup, ph1
On the crap standard rear mount and the additional brace right at the back. No more Audi mount.

Shite welds, all fittings in Tesco freezer bags, generally crap.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Cant wait to see the Taycan in a driveby video.

Oh....

👀

We’ll do a southern version this weekend if you want.

200.gif

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I'm pretty happy with my resonated Milltek, original cat, it's relatively loud, but not droney. May as well be impossible to get it to sit perfectly in the exhaust cutouts though. Plus I figured the lifetime warranty was worth the price.
I do wonder how much having an exhaust shop make you up a stainless cat-back would be?

pure-motorsport

ClioSport Trader
  Clio 172
The quality of the PMS exhausts has gone right down, I bought one recently and was very disappointed, they don't do the updated mount with it any more either.

I'd go custom
HI there, I'd like to hear from you if you weren't happy with your exhaust. I think you had a 172 system? if so this comes with an additional rear mounting but no Audi type mount - that's the 182 system that uses the Audi type mounts. Our exhausts are still made by the same guys that have always made our exhausts - we have never used anyone else. If anything isn't up to scratch then they are very proactive in sorting it. I like to be given a chance to put things right so you are happy but I can't see any emails from you regarding this?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
HI there, I'd like to hear from you if you weren't happy with your exhaust. I think you had a 172 system? if so this comes with an additional rear mounting but no Audi type mount - that's the 182 system that uses the Audi type mounts. Our exhausts are still made by the same guys that have always made our exhausts - we have never used anyone else. If anything isn't up to scratch then they are very proactive in sorting it. I like to be given a chance to put things right so you are happy but I can't see any emails from you regarding this?
That's interesting as I'd also read elsewhere that they were being welded by another shop and the quality had gone down on them.

Chinese whispers.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
That's interesting as I'd also read elsewhere that they were being welded by another shop and the quality had gone down on them.

Chinese whispers.
I've got two and the quality is top-notch. The only issue I've had is with one of the rubber mounts that, as stated above, is replaceable with an Audi mount.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I'm pretty happy with my resonated Milltek, original cat, it's relatively loud, but not droney. May as well be impossible to get it to sit perfectly in the exhaust cutouts though. Plus I figured the lifetime warranty was worth the price.
I do wonder how much having an exhaust shop make you up a stainless cat-back would be?
Not only me then who can't get it lined up 😂