ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best fast road tyre in size 205/45/16

182 Trophy
Hi Guys, whats the best fast road tyre for the 182 Trophy. So far i'm looking at Michelin PS3

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Youve nailed it, theyre just not available right now and no projected date for more according to Michelin UK.

Conti Premium Contact 6
Pirelli Pzero GT
Uniroyal Rainsport 5
Avon Zv7
Hankook V12 Evo 2
Yoko AD08RS
Nangkang NS-2R

Mostly summer only:

Toyo R88R (will work in winter but less than ideal)
Nangkang AR1

Depending on your use, you have the above options. Im in the same boar at the mo for winter rubber. :(

182 Trophy
Ah bugger! Just got off the phone to my local tyre shop. Michelin PS3 isn't available. In a massive conundrum now lol .. help! haha

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
I'm really fussy about how I like my car to drive, i like a stiff sidewall that makes the steering responsive and alive. Therefore the full winter and rain tyres i struggle to put up with even in winter. In summer i drive on an R888R daily and winter i was/am using the PS3. Previously i have commuted on NS2Rs 365 days a year and don't have any issue with their performance in any weather but snow. Their only drawback IMO is their noise. Yes they're soft but offer more grip than 99% of regular road tyres and wear accordingly. When my PS3s die, i'll go back to NS2Rs for winter, not ideal i know, but i know and like how they feel.
Or maybe try the Hankook as these seem to be the best of the rest for an all season tyre

You'd need to bump up to a 205/50/16 but Yokohama A052 is the best road tyre on the market currently. Quicker than most semi slicks in the dry, yet are comfortable, progressive and work from cold. They are also decent in wet conditions.

182 Trophy
You'd need to bump up to a 205/50/16 but Yokohama A052 is the best road tyre on the market currently. Quicker than most semi slicks in the dry, yet are comfortable, progressive and work from cold. They are also decent in wet conditions.

Thats a great idea! Yokohama A052 seem to be very good looking at the reviews. Will I get away with running 205/50/16 instead of 205/45/16. Thanks

Last edited:

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
I considered this but im only just getting away with a 45. A jump to 50 and they will be catching. :(

205/45/16 to 205/50/16 is a 20cm difference in height. If running stock Trophy Sachs dampers you should be fine.

1636113267563.png

182 Trophy
Cheers guys. Just a note to add .. I am running Mark Fish Springs which lower the car by 15mm

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I'm really fussy about how I like my car to drive, i like a stiff sidewall that makes the steering responsive and alive. Therefore the full winter and rain tyres i struggle to put up with even in winter. In summer i drive on an R888R daily and winter i was/am using the PS3. Previously i have commuted on NS2Rs 365 days a year and don't have any issue with their performance in any weather but snow. Their only drawback IMO is their noise. Yes they're soft but offer more grip than 99% of regular road tyres and wear accordingly. When my PS3s die, i'll go back to NS2Rs for winter, not ideal i know, but i know and like how they feel.
Or maybe try the Hankook as these seem to be the best of the rest for an all season tyre

Just had new PS3's fitted all-round on mine (15").

After using R1R's for a few years you can defintely feel the softer profile.

Did a bit of weaving side to side and i thought something on the rear end was broken, a very floaty feeling 😂

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I run 15's on my clio and I always go for Falken for road use. Cheap and last ages

I use them on my meg 225 too. Cant fault them really for the money

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Just had new PS3's fitted all-round on mine (15").

After using R1R's for a few years you can defintely feel the softer profile.

Did a bit of weaving side to side and i thought something on the rear end was broken, a very floaty feeling 😂
My winter wheels are Turinis which are 16s. I can’t get any in a 16” ☹️

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I really didn't like the last set of PS3's I had, ended up selling them, and replacing with AD08RS's. I'd used AD08R's about 5 or 6 times previously on the various 182's I've owned over the years and believe these to be the best tyre for the road in terms of grip in both dry and wet, plus the feel of the tyre when pushing a little.

starmagsi

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy 193
Not being a tyre expert by any means I had never considered the AD08RS for road use, is it really an option for a 'weekend car'?

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Find some used AD08R’s if you can like I did. Genuinely one of the best things I’ve done is put those on.

Who has experience with A052 for daily use?
Don't bother for a daily, they need a bit of heat to work, fine in summer but won't be great in current conditions. Also for track they only hold peak grip for a few laps before dropping off.

They're more of a summer sprint tyre really.

After a lot of research I went with A048 instead to replace my current AR1s.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
I've just replaced my front two with the much maligned Zv7's!

I was running Rainsports which were OK.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've just replaced my front two with the much maligned Zv7's!

I was running Rainsports which were OK.
Ive been running ZV7s for a couple of years now. Can't fault them in the wet or dry. I used to run rainsport 2's then 3's. They're a good tyre, especially in the wet as the name suggests but I would only get 5 - 5.5k out of a set 😮 I just got 12k out of a set of ZV7s 😊

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Anyone know either the a052 in a 205/50/16 will fit with sachs combined with Eibach Sportlines? As they give a 25-30mm drop?