ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Filter Element For Air Box

Skoda Fabia vRS

im considering going back to the original air box, but with 2 proper cold air feeds and a performace replacement element

what do you all think is the best replacement element to go for

i still cant choose between cotton and foam nevermind the brands

p.s. its a 1.4RT

i currently have a Hill Power induction kit but i think going back to the air box could give me more power if its set up right

Hill power use Ramair types of filter. Im going for the BMC carbon airbox version, ever thought of trying that?.

Chun.

Skoda Fabia vRS

the thing with a foam one would be that the surface area would be dramatically reduced against even the standard paper element

i know there better than cotton for filtration, but maybe cotton would be the better choice for a replacement element

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

I very much doubt that you or the rollers would notice the difference between the two, especially on a rt.

Skoda Fabia vRS

you might be right mate

if i sold the Hill Power though then id have enough to setup my airbox properly and some cash left over

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Well hold on a min m8.
I have both a hillpower induction kit and a moded airbox with k&n element inside but I still recon the induction kit is better, better sound looks a million times better and with a good cold air feed works well.
Although the airbox does seem better on the motorway when you are realy ramming it home..lol.
although I still havent set my cold airfeed up properly for my induction kit.

Skoda Fabia vRS

well i do a lot of motorway journies, i dont really do much racin on there though

but surely an airbox setup with forced air induction it going to be better than any induction kit at anythin over 30mph