ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best insurance companys to try for audis.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Hi guys, looking to get insurance on a audi A3 2.0L TDI as i cant get cheap insurance on the 172.

What sites are best to try that will insurance 19yr olds?

so far i got a quote of 3,700 with admiral which i think is over priced, it cant be that much to be insured on one as its 4k for me to be insured on the 172.

Thanks

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
THREE THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED POUNDS FOR A DIESEL HATCHBACK WITH BAD STEERING?!

Go for it. You're only young once.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
haha group b on insurance rating where i live, so far adrian flux have quoted me 2,700! ffs

and 2,500 on the 1.6 audi a3??? cant be right??!!

I'm guessing its the LC20.

I was 19 when I got my MK2 Leon FR (2.0 170tdi) and it cost me £960ish with 3 claims on record and Remap and springs declared. Thats with 0 NCB.

Admiral also quote me about £1020 for a 1*2 with roll cage and everything declared as I'm thinking about a track car.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Try Livingstones Warman on 01935 706258

Tell them you're a member of a car club for an additional discount

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Well the lc20 is driving otherwise than accordance with licence and apparently doesnt make that much of difference to insurance.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
No i got the lc20 for pulling a trailer to big on a tractor, it means doing something your licence does not allow you to do. Copper was a arse hole about it. No i payed 1.5k last year just dnt get how its gone up so much.

im..

19yrs old
0 NCB
driving 1yr 9months
No crashes
3 points
live in group B area
Work as an engineer.

Is the LC20 within the last year?

They probably look at it as a disregard for the law. Just sell it and get a 1.2.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
no it was in 2008, comes of next year spoke to all the insurance about it and its fine nothing serious unless there lying to me. I am selling the 172 but how can an audi a3 diesel be 400 pound cheaper on insurance than the 172 :/

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Yer been through that normally when you get LC20 you also Get IN10 which is driving with no insurance, but because i was insured they can only give me LC20 which is fine. Always get asked why i didnt recieve IN10 as you are normally ment to recieve it along side the LC20.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
How do points work as they come of in febuary but do i still have to tell them i had them? if so do they just need to know or will they still add more money on because of it?

Skoda Fabia vRS
every company is different, some only take into account the last 3 years, others longer

what are the comparison sites coming back with ?

most insurance has gone up this year

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Well confused.com and quotecheck.com have come back with btw 2,900 and 4,500. Elephant are 2,700, admiral 3,700, adrian flux 2,700.

just want a couple more sites to try im going to try..sky,bell but cant belive how much there charging when i can be insured for 4k on a 172. I was expecting prices around 1,500 for an audi.

Skoda fabia vRS is 2,200 strange considering its a sport model car with the same engine as the audi 1.9tdi.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
And again.......

Try Livingstones Warman on 01935 706258

Tell them you're a member of a car club for an additional discount

I insure my S2000 in Manchesther through them (NIG). Most insurers (Sky, CK etc) wouldnt insure the area while usual groups (Tesco, Admiral, Aviva, Flux etc) were coming back with quotes of 2.5k +

In the end I got it for £695 :D