ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Laptop for £400?

Monaco Blue 172
anyone know what *about* the best laptop is for £400 quid?

used to build pc's but fell a bit behind, and for what i use my everyday pc for, mite aswell get a laptop, i know they gonna lack in Gfx card dpt, but i dont play games on it like i used to... jsut for browsing web, downloading films, music etc...

i would prefer a 17.5 " screen as im not worried about size, and prefer the bigger screen

i saw this in comet, thought it was pretty good,

http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Laptops/buy-HP-G7-1002SA-Laptop/707228

atm im runing a athlon 64 4000xp (single core) and 2 gb of ram.. so.....

182 Trophy #333
i'd check out the PC World refurbished ones, can pick some proper bargains up there, i got a £600 toshiba for £299, and its been bullet proof, had to replace the HDD earlier this year but thats only coz it ran out of space, the only thing i would watch out for is that theyre not full of dust and fluff, if they are you may have to pop it open and clean the CPU fan out!

Look at makes that are known for reliability, Toshiba, HP, Samsung

and try to avoid the cheaper plasticy makes like Dell, Acer and Packard Bell ( avoid PB like the f**king plague )

I spent over 3 years reparing laptops for a living and mostly they consisted of the 3 cheaper makes listed above.

I'd also try to get a laptop with an ATi gfx chip rather than an NVidia as they tend to burn out without any warning!

Evo 5 RS
christ, don't buy a Toshiba. Do not trust reliability stats either...

Samsung's are pretty robust.. stick with them or a cheaper E Series Latitude - They're better than majority of the s**t out there today.