ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best place for car insurance

renault clio 172
hi i just put deposit down on a renault clio 172 now i got to sort insurance any recommendation i am 32 with 11 years no claims but this a second car so cant use my no claims on the clio anybody a good company to use

gralegav

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Gordini, Fiat
LV direct also mirror ncb, they were good value for me, am also 'over 30'

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I have been with sky/Brentacre for the past 7 years. Their policies like others I guess are great in the fact you just ring and add mods, no change in fees

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Does anyone know why you can only use NCB on one car? I wasn't even aware of this?

Ford Mustang 5.0
hi i just put deposit down on a renault clio 172 now i got to sort insurance any recommendation i am 32 with 11 years no claims but this a second car so cant use my no claims on the clio anybody a good company to use
We can happily look at a mirrored NCB policy for you. If you wanted to drop me a PM with your contact details i can get in touch personally and run a price.
With 11yrs to mirror should work out really competitive

Kind Regards
Neil

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I went on gocompare.com, entered all my mods on there and it came out at £400 with all mods declared, cage, buckets, harnesses etc. 25 with 5 years ncb

With adrian flux

Last edited:
  Ford Mustang 5.0
I went on gocompare.com, entered all my mods on there and it came out at £400 with all mods declared, cage, buckets, harnesses etc. 25 with 5 years ncb
Doesnt sound to bad at all with all your mods declared.
If you were doing less than 5000 miles a year i imagine we would be a bit lower but at £400 online that is a very fair rate.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I need to phone green light, reckon they'll insure a standard 1.2 Twingo lol.

@Neil@greenlight , not sure if you would be able to help out with my clio 172, Only been in the country a year but have a full UK licence, originally from South Africa so just done an exchange on the licence.

Have 2 years NCD on my other vehicle.

Ford Mustang 5.0
@Neil@greenlight , not sure if you would be able to help out with my clio 172, Only been in the country a year but have a full UK licence, originally from South Africa so just done an exchange on the licence.

Have 2 years NCD on my other vehicle.

I can happily take a look for you, if you wanted to drop me a PM with your contact number i'll get in touch and run a quick quote through for you and see what i can do.

Kind Regards
Neil

your cheap Flux quoe won't seem so good value if you have to change any details , cancel the policy or god forbid actually claim on it .

then you will realise why people have said steer clear .

worst insurer ever in terms of back room service .

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

ClioSport Trader
  Renault 5
Hi,
I'm sorry if you've had problems with our customer serves in the past. Did you have a bad claim experience with ourselves personally?
To be honest our fees, cancellation terms etc are pretty much in-line with most comparable brokers.
Regards,
Dan.

SWL16

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Adrian Flux were cheapest for mine. About £150 less than Greenlight and £100 less than Brentacre. Elephant.co.uk came closest to matching it. So shop around.
The AF add ons for comprehensive cover on other cars (£20) and the breakdown insurance (£56?) seemed decent value too.

(25yo, driving for 3 years)