ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best place to get an exhaust

Flame Red Delight
Right so heres the story, my exhaust has blown and now i am looking to replace it with a good quality stainless steel one (seen the exhaust blowing as an excuse tbh). I have had the car checked out to see where it is blown. So i now need a center section and a back box. I am finding it very difficult to find a place that will supply and fit an exhaust for my car. I am looking for something that is subtle but with a bit of a grumble.

My car is a mark 2 phase 1, 1.2 8v anybody help me out?

thanks

Callum

wait and see ;)
try prospeed they seem to be good, search for a video of f0xys old 1.2 that sounded aweome for a 1.2

BMW E46 330i Touring
^ I'm fairly sure they use poor grade stainless on the whole = rust easier and quicker than it should.

Nippy white cup
Powerflow in the past may have but now they use higher grade and also it is generally the individual fitters that are good or bad...Burnley is a superb branch which is the one Billy goes to but will be a bit far for you to travel! Having said that I know of many people on the type R forum that have travelled hundreds of miles (passing other 'more reputable' companies) to go to Topgear in Burnley to get their exhaust fitted

Cheers

Chris

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
janspeed make a system can be bought from kwikfit sulpiled and fitted think its 330pounds.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^ I'm fairly sure they use poor grade stainless on the whole = rust easier and quicker than it should.

See , exactly what i said . Fairly sure being the operative words . In other words , you don't really know ? It's just what you heard on the grapevine , eh ;) ?

You get a lifetime warranty on the poweflow systems , so what's the problem ?

I'm not saying they are the best systems out there , but taking in to account the cost and lifetime warranty they are surely worth a look .

180.5 bhp 172
Longlife ftw! I have one on mine and its great! £145 fitted with a lifetime warranty, and its all custom made so will fit your car 100%.

Nick

BMW E46 330i Touring
See , exactly what i said . Fairly sure being the operative words . In other words , you don't really know ? It's just what you heard on the grapevine , eh ;) ?

You get a lifetime warranty on the poweflow systems , so what's the problem ?

I'm not saying they are the best systems out there , but taking in to account the cost and lifetime warranty they are surely worth a look .

Well, if an ex-employee counts as the grapevine... I was chatting to Charlie from Prospeed and that's what he said. I said fairly sure as I don't know if they still do.

Ok?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Well, if an ex-employee counts as the grapevine... I was chatting to Charlie from Prospeed and that's what he said. I said fairly sure as I don't know if they still do.

Ok?
Ok boss ;)

ex-employee / competitor :approve:

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Just get it re-welded fella, happend to me couple of weeks ago, took it to a garage and for Hour & half labour = 30.. and sorted the hight ov the box hangin :)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Ok boss ;)

ex-employee / competitor :approve:

Absolutely mate, could be just sour grapes, that's why I said I was fairly sure.. But with me already paid for my Prospeed and him being an ex-employee with quite an important job, he doesn't really have any reason to bullshit. His rep is better than 90% of Powerflow dealers', after all.