ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best shots ive ever taken?..

id probably guess these are some of the best shots ive taken so far.. what an awesome location :)

click for med res version!

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0069+copy.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0089+copy.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0100+copy.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

oo1.jpg

Untitled-1+copy.jpg

Untitled-2+copy.jpg

Bumblebee
Great shots mate, however think they would have looked even better if you were back about 10 metres in the first set of shots.

That said, great find. Is that the humber bridge or something?

my mate got as many/more photos too with near identical cameras, so i'll see what his turned out like tomorrow.

the dark two pics are humber bridge yeah.. was like no light level at all unfortunately so cars a bit dark :(
my mate was using a higher ISO so i think his will be a bit brighter?

others are somewhere else.. wonder if anyone guesses where.. the building is quite distinguishable as its a rather odd shape!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i've been to the deep, its cool.

Didn't know u were from hull mate - me too!

cheers all , im trying to decide which to get printed in poster size though to frame.. hmm
got decent large pics of my previous motors. (106 at french car show, and 182 round cadwell)

clart - i took my2 yr old nephew (well he took me cos it was my first time and hes been a few lol) earlier this year. its quite cool inside.

im from the otherside of the bridge, but me and my mate were over at 'the junction' in hull for a VW meet on sun night, and the regular's took us to the deep to get some photos.. http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Dean05/DVW069.jpg

so we popped back in my vx lastnight to get some photos cos the location seemed well cool for piccies.

Canon ixus 700 compact camera

manual mode
various settings.. some of them i was just increasing the exposure. most were doen using various long shutter speeds from 1sec-15 sec (8 to 10 seconds on them ones taken on the flat ground) 15 second at the humber bridge cos there was no light

I left it on ISO 50, ive yet to experiment with changing the ISO.. doesnt it make the pic lighter but more grainy?

Turbos.
Yes, the higher the ISO, the more grainy it gets. Digital cameras create quite a bit of noise, but there are add-ins for Photoshop to help.

B

Brown.

iso applies more noise thats all, personally id never go above 100, unless i was capturing moving birds say. always use low iso as at 50 there will be next to no noise, longer shuttler speeds will lighten if you left the shutter open for a minit the picture would white out.....so just keep ya tripod with ya!!!! am impressed with the quality knowing its a compact!!

the shutter speed will only go up to 15seconds on this camera mate..

i could have wound the ISO up for them really dark bridge pics a bit as i only had it left on 50.. my mates was on about 400 i think. i'll get the cd of the pics off him and see how his came out in comparison.

on the pic on flat ground i had it on iso50 and like 8 seconds, whereas my mate was gettign similar shots with iso 400 and like 4 seconds. im assuming his wont be as sharp as mine came out?

FF Blackgold 182
:approve: Cracking shots m8. Gonna go out myself 2morr night to do some camera experiments. Really good find tho. Thought that was The Humber Bridge.

FF Blackgold 182
the shutter speed will only go up to 15seconds on this camera mate..

i could have wound the ISO up for them really dark bridge pics a bit as i only had it left on 50.. my mates was on about 400 i think. i'll get the cd of the pics off him and see how his came out in comparison.

on the pic on flat ground i had it on iso50 and like 8 seconds, whereas my mate was gettign similar shots with iso 400 and like 4 seconds. im assuming his wont be as sharp as mine came out?

No m8. Yours will have less noise, but you need a longer exposure for low ISO shots hence your 8 sec shutter speed.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Guy if you ever go there again drop my a PM and i'll drop across in the westie. I'm only about 30 mins away from the deep.