ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best speakers around

Quote: Originally posted by Colin_S on 16 January 2005

Focal are a bit harsh, you should be able to pick up a set of Polk Momo on ebay within your price range, the older models but better in my opinion.

Also a set of MTX T6.5s are quite good, along with Rainbow, DLS, Hertz, RE

As for 6x9s, do not buy them, they are sh*t and as for as possible do not put speakers in the back, unless you care about people who sit in the back, but i dont. It will sound better to you with just components up front, esp for the driver.
Ive got a set of 6x9s in my doors, but absolutely nothing can beat them if it comes to bass and kickbass from the front.

And as I dont have a subwoofer its the most bass you can get from a set of speakers. Of course I didnt use the tweeter in the 6x9, but I put a set of tweeters in the dash.

Quote: Originally posted by sajc on 11 January 2005

Personally, Id go for Focal, Boston Acoustics, Rainbow, Hertz, Morel.

You can fit 6.5" splits up front, so dont worry about that. Not sure about the depth on the Mk1, but on a Mk2 you can fit as deep a speaker as you want if you remove the plastic backing behind the speaker (I had to do that to get Boston Pro 6.5"s in there, which are very deep)

What amp do you have? What power output? Thatll affect the kind of sound you get too.

Cheers,

Scott
Any pics of the 6.5" installed? Can you get them behind the std grilles?

Quote: Originally posted by Spree on 22 January 2005
Did a search on google for DLR R5A........ it came up with nothing. Who makes this speaker?!

you wont find any dlR speakers as they are mad eby dDLS

Is it that easy to fit 6.5" speakers in front doors in MK2? Just take the plastic thingy off and the hole is big enough for any 6.5" speaker? Im going to buy DLS MS5 but if it is so easy to fit bigger speakers, I might go for the MS6.

its not as easy as has been previously posted

it can be done, but is not an easy task, nor one to undertake if you dont like cutting your car up

Quote: Originally posted by Colin_S on 16 January 2005

Focal are a bit harsh, you should be able to pick up a set of Polk Momo on ebay within your price range, the older models but better in my opinion.

Also a set of MTX T6.5s are quite good, along with Rainbow, DLS, Hertz, RE

As for 6x9s, do not buy them, they are sh*t and as for as possible do not put speakers in the back, unless you care about people who sit in the back, but i dont. It will sound better to you with just components up front, esp for the driver.
Colin, what do you mean by harsh? Im looking at Focal 165 V slims as I have very limited mounting depths...