ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best springs to buy? Drive shafts?

2004 clio 182 cup
Hello all I have a set of apex springs on my Clio atm not sure how low as not long had the car and no paper work for the springs. The atm is very hard and bouncy due to not much travel on the rear springs I think. I do like lowered cars but I don't like how my car drives I also have upgraded shocks on the rear.

Anyways I want to no what set up you lot have as I want to still have a lowered car but have a bit of comfort so what's the best springs to go for as 182 standard springs the car sits a big high for my liking.

Best place to get drive shafts from mine are not in best Nick as there feel doggie when on full throttle [emoji20]
Thanks
91869fdddbdb3aea5754a28d7f79bdc2.jpg
d268875a8ab563d55b075e180e71a01f.jpg
5c1682a8d7a510db9cd00a3989a95d9f.jpg

Hope this makes Sense lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Spring choices mate

Cooksport springs, lower the car about 30mm and look great. Some say a little harsh but i found them spot on. Sadly they arnt in stock very often.
Eibach pro (black spring). Standard ish height but ride is improved. I've not tried these.
Eibach Sportline (red spring). Lowers around 20mm despite what they say. Been around for years and are a solid choice
H&R. Lowers the car 30mm aparantly. Getting these fitted tomo so will report back.

Id invest in some decent tyres too :)

2004 clio 182 cup
Great reply thanks judging on my photos how much do you think my car is lowered sitting on 205 45 16. Also I don't think my tracking is helping my situation may drive much better after I get it done.

Best drive shafts to go for? Are there a common problem with 172 182 drive shafts?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Hard to tell by how much by that pic. Looks like it's on coilovers tbh, I know it's not though.

What's wrong with the drive shaft?

2004 clio 182 cup
Think the inner ns joint is on its way out as when it's on full power doesn't feel right but hard to explain to be honest without driving it lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Any decent garage will be able to check the car over mate. Not sure who is closest to you on here (trader wise)

2004 clio 182 cup
I can check my self just need to no how to tell if a joint is on its way out. No clicking on lock. Look expensive to change them both just looked lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Worth signing up to become a member. So you can stick any wanted threads up etc and have access to the forum. Be the best £12 you will spend :)

2004 clio 182 cup
First forum I have been on that I need to pay to become a member lol only £12 tho will do it soon

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Honestly mate. If your looking to hang around and keep the car, £12 will be a drop in the ocean.

2004 clio 182 cup
Me and cars lol had about 30 and I'm only 25 but yh want to keep this one for commuting and track days [emoji3] I'll sign up soon u have twisted my arm [emoji106]

2004 clio 182 cup
Doing a service on my 182 next weekend does anyone no the correct part number for the inlet gasket? Ta

2004 clio 182 cup
Not sure if I am going to change them now seems to be getting better I think the car was parked up a long time before I brought it Deffo need to service it I think it will be a big improvement.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Thats one of them, there one under the top inlet where it meets the cam/rocker cover

This one
Screenshot_2016-01-26-09-53-45.png

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I didn't but probably will next time, if youre hoing to change them speak to renault parts direct, the middle gasket you out up a photo of is about 6 quid with them

2004 clio 182 cup
Yh best to go there I think for both can't go wrong then used cheap gaskets from eBay before waste of time like.

330i. E30 Touring.
OE gaskets are hard as nails tbh.

Quick visual inspection. As long as they look alright, re-use.

2004 clio 182 cup
May reuse them next time but not long had the car don't want to take the inlet off to find I need to replace them I'll have to wait for parts then.