ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best sub-£50 wax for 2017?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Hi.
I've been using Zymol Carbon for almost as long as I can remember now, but I'm finally running out. Before I re-order because of familiarity more than anything, what are my options?
I apply coats every 3-4 weeks so durability isn't a big thing to consider really. Car is Ultra Red. Solid.
Tanks.

BMW M140i, BMW 330d

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Have to throw britemax vantage in there if you're still looking for that nice feel. It's like butter and in another fancy pot it's a £50 wax.

If you're wanting durability buy some finis wax from bolt hamber.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I never got on with fusso bit 476s will always be a boutique killer. Made of concrete!

Hi.
I've been using Zymol Carbon for almost as long as I can remember now, but I'm finally running out. Before I re-order because of familiarity more than anything, what are my options?
I apply coats every 3-4 weeks so durability isn't a big thing to consider really. Car is Ultra Red. Solid.
Tanks.
Curve ball, second hand pot of something like Glasur or Illusion?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Curve ball, second hand pot of something like Glasur or Illusion?
Had Illusion as a sample pot and wasn't too fussed. Tried Glasur too, which looked great was a bit temperamental compared to Carbon.
I think I'll give Vantage a go. I rarely hear a bad thing said about it and it seems to fit the bill.

Thanks for the replies.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Had Illusion as a sample pot and wasn't too fussed. Tried Glasur too, which looked great was a bit temperamental compared to Carbon.
I think I'll give Vantage a go. I rarely hear a bad thing said about it and it seems to fit the bill.

Thanks for the replies.
I have a 3/4 full pot of Zymol Carbon if you want it? I don't get chance to wash my car let alone wax it.
May as well go to good use somewhere.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Be interesting to hear your thoughts on Vantage. Would feel expensive in a nicer pot. Great to use!

Carbon is lovely! You've been using that for years!