ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best suspension kits??

DCI 80
advice please.....

Want to lower my dci80 but am fairly clueless :S as to the best brand to buy.
Have read that really i will need dampers aswell as springs?? Want to lower the car bout 30-35mm.

I notice Eibach Sportlines keep popping up in old threads, are they good??

Sorry to sound thick, but any recommendations appreciated. Cheers in advance

You firstly have to remmber Renault investe a load in suspenion most cheap setups don't have one percent of the investment that Renault did so there upgrades arn't anywhere near as good IMO. Often people chnage the suspension and rave about it but then there comapiring worn 100k setups with brand new shocks which ins't fair.

If your not willing to spend a fortune on supenion them IMO don';t bother at all.

If you are only willing to spend a few quid then you cna just chnage the spring no need for different dampers they will wear but there no decinet IMO dampers out there worthwhile of the money and that includes the all fabbed bilstein stuff. so when the stock do wear out to a point your not happy with then chnage with stock etc and worry then about it. ALl this 60mm plus etc need snew dampers is a waste it just means the lower you run the fasterthe shocks will wear but you find some people claim to drive hard and on 60k with lowering spring and stock shocks and there still happy others with stock springs arn't happy at 50k.

You also have to remmber that cliamed lowering ins't realy realistic what is claimed 60 might be 30 and what 30 is 30 then load the cars up and one goes down to 80mm the other to 50mm also you cna catch ons peed pumps etc whereas say coilovers set to the same inital real life drop would be fine since there spring and damper rates are make to suit and the car doens't dive as much under braking etc.

Eibach are the best spring makers IMO though if yopu only want to buy springs.