ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best tarrif deals for iphone

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
nope, although quidco give you £60 for using mobiles.co.uk, but they sign u up to gay insurance you have to cancel.

Buying it on PAYG then taking out a simplicity SIM is th best IMO

dont want to be paying for the phone tbh.

What are the real world differences between iphone 3g and 3gs?

Cupra
3GS = touch the screen and you see what you want.
3G = touch the screen and wait a second for a response.

My mate is now truly fucked off with his 3G having played on my 3GS. He did not notice it too much before though so if you are happy with a 3G, just steer clear of 3GS's and live in blissful ignorance.

So is the difference in speed the main difference then? Am I right in thinking the 3GS has a camera and the 3G doesnt? Camera doesnt really bother me so if they are the only differences I'm tempted to pocket the £70/80 and just get the 3G

Citroen DS3 DSport
The speed of the Safari web browser on the 3GS is far faster than the 3G at rendering websites. More RAM in the 3GS also makes apps open quicker and less prone to crashing.

172 Cup
Was hoping to cancel my orange contract today and looked at the white 3gs but no stock available online!

Carphone warehouse and 02 both have similar pricing so doesn't make much difference.

VaVa
It's funny how the 3G was perfect until the 3Gs came out lol

The iPhone tarrifs are not great value tbh. Can you add bolt-ons to iPhone tariffs? No mention of it on the website.

Nope, they scrapped all the decent bolt ons. You can only get the "Family" one, which is useless unless all you're friends are on o2.

The tariffs suck, but they don't care. They people will all want the iPhone so they do what they like.

Wait until the 3G is freely available on other networks then the tariffs will sort themselves out a bit.

Wont be any deals whilst they are selling out like a crack dealer at an Amy winehouse party.

3gs is worth the extra IMO, it has video yes but it also has auto focus and can actually take close up pictures! The exra speed is great, specially for big games and running multiple web pages. The lag on my mates phones really bugged me. I could be wrong but I don't think the upcoming tomtom will work on a 3g? Needs the compass feature I think.

172 Cup
I've had a look into tariffs available but as far as I can see the comparison is carphone warehouse/02.

I did look at mobiles.co.uk with a £60 cashback from quidco but have read some awful reviews about them which put me off.

Titanium 182
I went for a 3g, didn't feel an extra £90 was worth it for a video camera (thats still not very good) and compass.

Yeah its slightly faster but not enough to annoy me.

Tariffs dont look that bad to me... what am I missing? lol.

Basically I am after a phone and tarrif that will give me good internet access and unlimited internet browsing. Minutes and texts I'm flexible on but the more the better, and upto £35 a month. So what else should I look at??

To carry this thought process on, thoughts on whether I should buy a 3G or 3Gs to unlock and use on Voda? Baring in mind the 3Gs would cost me considerably more and I would be getting an Iphone 3Gs in Feb of next year once the Voda account finishes . . . ?

So buy a 3G now, put it on the Voda account and get the newest one on O2 once it comes out next year then?

A4 Avant
Tested a 3g against the 3gs in the office this morning, and to me the difference in speed is easily noticeable. I was set to get a 3g but I've changed my mind and gone for the 3gs instead now.

Online still showing no stock but when I phoned this morning they had them available to sell.

But I'm looking at 500 quid Dan, a lot of money just for a phone. Even if I sell my brand new replacement Storm (which is surprisingly working very well :S) then that would only be circa 200 quid towards a new one!

330Ci Clubsport
I've had a look into tariffs available but as far as I can see the comparison is carphone warehouse/02.

I did look at mobiles.co.uk with a £60 cashback from quidco but have read some awful reviews about them which put me off.

just got a new contract there for the missus from mobiles.co.uk. Free PS3 and all arrived next day. Came with two crappy insurance/tech support contracts too but 2 mins on the phone cancelled them.

Phones4U don't sell iPhones though..

It's more expensive than the 3G but that's because it's better. Or just wait, don't spend anything and get one next year ;)