ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best thing I've done in 2013 so far (new phone)

RB182FF & Mini
Iphone to Mazuma and bought myself a Galaxy Note 2 flippin love it!!!

Anyone else got one? Really love the S Pen brilliant for my work

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Is this the one where your tablet is a phone and you look a bit of a tit phoning somebody in public?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I sold (essentially gave) my nephew my iPhone 5 and bought a Samsung GS3. Love it. So much more options to make it how I want. Definitely no regrets in going over to Android.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I think the phones amazing! But LOL @ how big it is. f**k pulling that out in public!

do you have small hands/fingers? Touchscreens have got so much easier to use as they've grown. Used a mates iphone 4 the other day and it was like....where's the rest???? Admittedly the Note 2 is a bit on the extreme side ;)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
do you have small hands/fingers? Touchscreens have got so much easier to use as they've grown. Used a mates iphone 4 the other day and it was like....where's the rest???? Admittedly the Note 2 is a bit on the extreme side ;)

LOL, no its just stupid! Why has it got a pen as well? Hello the 90's called, they want their PDA's back.

Its ridiculously big, no need for it to be that big. A Mobile is designed to be mobile, that Note 2 is like my iPad FFS

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
It's meant to be a mini tablet!! They do the S3 if you want a normal phone. the S-pen is for specific tasks, quite clever if you need that kind of thing

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I think when a mobile phone is too big to fit in your pocket, it is no longer a "mobile" phone.

I'll stick with my iPhone 5.

^^ This

I sold my iPhone 4 this week and went to play with the new samsung galaxy s2.1 web3.0 or whatever they're called just to give them a chance
Holy s**t it wouldn't even fit in my pocket

Bought an iPhone 5 - there's still no decent alternative

It's still like carrying a house brick in your pockets - and the screen is too big to reach with your thumb

You need to be using both hands which drives me nuts

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
It's still like carrying a house brick in your pockets - and the screen is too big to reach with your thumb

You need to be using both hands which drives me nuts

Not with a nexus? Unless you have the hands of a midget?

To be fair it is a massive phone. Phablet. But I kinda like it.

How you finding it mate? I fancy one next tbh, I've got a Motorola matrix at the minute but due an upgrade soon.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Had a Note2 for a while now and I love it. Ignore the size jokes, people not used to holding something large in their hands envious. In truth its not that much bigger than the S3 or the HTC OneX but haters gon'hate.

In truth I've never had any issues fitting it in my pockets and going about my day to day business. It's my first Android device and I'm now a believer as everything is intergrated with every other app (which updates when you install something new). It did feel a little silly making calls at first but now its just normal to me. I can do everything I need on it to without having to zoom/pan over intranet sites, emails are amazing to read comfortably and the battery life is excellent. Granted, build quality isn't Apple premium but it cost me £400 new and Simfree. How much is a 64gb iphone 5 these days to buy simfree?

Best phone I've had to date!

Bus w**ker
About £750 I think, but 100% worth every penny extra to not get people pointing and laughing at you in the street as you try to make a call with a 17" LCD monitor in your hands. ;)

Depending on the iPhone 5S/6 I may make the move to Android, will depend on what is available at that time or due on the market shortly after. I love my iPhone but really don't see that there has been any major improvement with the handset since the 4, which I'm still rocking as theres been no reason to upgrade...plus I'm also now poor so moving to Poordroid would suit my new pauper lifestyle. Seriously though, the only thing I'd miss from having an iPhone now would be iMessage and I'd still have that on my iPad and iMac anyway along with unlimited texts and Whatsapp on whatever phone I end up with.

So to summarise all that s**t above. Meh.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Actually its only a 15" monitor on the Note2 symon, the Note2-X isn't till next month ;)

Honestly, Android has come on loads from the crappy early days and I started taking serious notice of it when ICS came out. Using JB on the Note2 and it's extremely well polished and every app seems to intergrate perfectly. The S-Pen is a bit gimmicky and handwritting with it is scarey good but I only seem to use it to draw c***s on peoples faces and then Whatsapp'n the photo to them... because can't do that on your iphone lol

Not trying to convince anyone else here as I couldn't care less but its really not that big. The S3 is equally a great device to but I wanted the screen real estate and battery life which the Note2 delivered. No retina display but its really not needed.

Bus w**ker
I've played with a couple of peoples Android phones recently and talked to them about certain features, which is why I'd now actually consider one. They're nice phones but I still think the S3 is too big for my liking, just don't think I'd get on with it. Meh this is all hypothetical atm anyway, will depend on what Apple do (if anything) with the 5S/6 before I'll even start to consider my options.

Oh and as for drawing c***s on people's faces, there's an app for that LOL.

Ive just got a note2 and love it, If anyone hasnt seen the adds ive just sent a iphone 4 off to samsung to swap for a new galaxy tab2 7" for free