ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best time to buy a new car ?

M135i
Im lookin to get a new car (hopfully 1*2) next July time but with the current market being like it is, is it worth investing now (ish) ? Whilst the market is down or do you think it will carry on going down and be even cheaper next July time ?

LY R26 230 F1 Team
after xmas will be the best time, well between now and feb time -

Consumers just forked out after xmas + the credit munch = cars not shifting.

The economy will start to recover next year if you listen to downing street...aparently.

How are you financing the car?

With the sale of yours?
With saved up cash?
With a loan?

AS if its with the sale fo yours then, yours is going to drop as well so wont really matter.

If its with saved up cash, you wont be earning much interest on them now with the possibility of 0% rates, and the expected 1pc cut again.

Imo i'd by soon ish, next few months, over Christmas, as although people are not so well off at the moment, petrol prices are dropping and these were a big factor in the drop in prices of cars like the clio sport. Allthough road tax is going up, i don't belive the price of cars, in specific the clio sport, will fall much further undue to depreciation, than they have already. Tbh there are some bargins about compared to 6 months ago.

All IMO

M135i
well if i look at the marekt now and decided to buy to now instead of next year, it would be a case of savings and borrowing money off parents, till i would be using the car (July) and so therefore selling my current car. CS are going Very cheap on here atm so wanting to take advantage of that whilst i can :) thanks guys

What and not have a car till next july?

Keep yours mate and buy closer to teh time, no point in being car-less.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Im planning on getting another car after xmas, jan feb time. Atm that particular car does not seem to be shifting on ebay, so im antiscipating a good drop in prices.

B

Brown.

When its pissing down with rain, mid afternoon.... saved me about 2grand on mine

M135i
no i mean get a car in the next couple months with a 'loan' off my parents and then have 2 cars but not use the new 1 till July, which is when i would start using the new more powerful car. Sell my current car (the 1.2) and then pay them back with the money i get from this car + some savings.

Well if you can get it anytime, watch prices and then get it when its cheepest and before it starts to rise really, but no point having it sat on your drive for ages.... as it will cost you and you might lose out a bit...