ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best tyres ?

Mk1 Phase 2 Valver
Whats the best tyres to be running on 15"s on a clio valver Lowered (wheels will be turbines) ? And also what brand do yous rate? and much roughly each lol .

Scott.

Vee dub
Michelin Pilot Exalto 2's on my valver.... great tyre

Around 70ish quid each by me in 185/55/15

Tom

C

Cupster

GSD3 F1, although this is only a comparison between Conti Sports, Toyos and Pilot Sports.

BMW E46 330i Touring
The Toyo Proxes have been very good for me, seem to be a tyre that's excellent in the dry but a nightmare in the wet...

X-172 Cup
vice versa...I have OE Conti's on the rear and P-Zeros on the front - loads of grip with predictable understeer @ the limit...from what I've read the best tyres for the 172/182 Cup & Trophy are the Michelin PE2's standard fit on the Trophy + other hot hatches

106 GTi
For the money Good Year GSD3 F1, worth paying the extra over the Toyos IMO. If money dont matter get the PE2's

195/50s will save you some cash too.

Vee dub
I run the standard 185/55/15 on mine and they are slightly more expensive

Rich is right, the others will be cheaper

106 GTi
TomS said:
I run the standard 185/55/15 on mine and they are slightly more expensive

Rich is right, the others will be cheaper

I was like you with my 205 GTi Tom which ran 185/55, I kept to the correct size despite the extra cost. I felt the car was a lot better to turn in etc witht he correct sized tyres on. No idea what differences are made on valver tho.

Vee dub
Yeah i'd rather stick to the 185's Rich, purely because thats what they were made on...

it is standard after all :rasp: