ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Tyres?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they are definitely soft. I mean you can pick the sidewall away wih your nail but get them sticky and they offer amazing grip.

Evo 5 RS
Funny thing is a lot of people who aren't familiar with them see the tread pattern and say they should be good in the wet. lol

I don't want to have to think about how many miles my tyre has done after 1000!!! Buy cheap, buy twice. There might be exceptions, there are always exceptions, but the majority of the time this is true.

I've spent over £100 per piece of rubber, but they'll last years and several thousand miles. I'd rather skimp on a night out than the part of a car that sticks you to the road. Same with brakes tbh.

Evo 5 RS
Sorry, if you were going by what I said about the Spec 2's I just meant the compound isn't as good underneath the first few weeks of tread. They'll go on for a lot longer than that ;)

Last edited:
That's what I mean. When I pay for something, I don't want to get exceptional use out of it for a very limited amount of time, but then be wondering if I've gone past the point of excellence. I'd rather have great rubber all the way through.

But it is all down to personal experience. Another S3 driver could have hit a piece of black ice and crashed his car on his Conti 3s and will tell me a hundred times not to get them...

Peugeot 308
Got Spec 2's on my 172.

Rate them pretty well in the dry, but have no great confidence in them once in wet conditions.

I remember having to stick to 60 or so on the motorway because It felt like I was going to slide all over the place!

Wont be buying them again tbh, thinking Michelin PE2's!

Clio Cup 172
I just bought PE2s. Very expensive but its all i could find in Norn Iron before Xmas. I let you know what i think come wed when they are fitted.