ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best wax to use

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
One of my all time fav's (and I've tried/owned alot!) would have to be Zymol Glasur. Just a good all rounder at a realistic price and gives you a special/boutique feel.

Im sure Gally will admit we don't use much in the way of products these days, got a cupboard of boutique waxes covering dust. Ceramic sealants are the future!

Chris @ DetailMe

No definitive answer I'm afraid.
As others have said the prep makes all the difference so go with a cleanser or a glaze first. I also consider myself a bit of a detailer and have tried lots along the way and as always it depends on the budget you have. AG HD, Bouncers 22, P21s FK1000, any colly and Megs #16 or #26 are all good choices but for the money I'd say Megs #16 will never let you down !

Exige V6 / Fiesta ST
What colour is your car? I tend to buy waxes that are design for specific colours. My car is white and I'm currently using Swissvax Glacier which is designed for white cars...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Im sure i read that the so called white wax for white cars will work equally as well on a pink car?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
One of my all time fav's (and I've tried/owned alot!) would have to be Zymol Glasur. Just a good all rounder at a realistic price and gives you a special/boutique feel.

Im sure Gally will admit we don't use much in the way of products these days, got a cupboard of boutique waxes covering dust. Ceramic sealants are the future!

Chris @ DetailMe

Thanks Chris. Nice post mate. I love Glasur's old-schoolness and little quirks traits that don't make it perfect. It's genuine.

What colour is your car? I tend to buy waxes that are design for specific colours. My car is white and I'm currently using Swissvax Glacier which is designed for white cars...

Colour specific waxes are a bit gimicky mate. Also sealants bring out the best in White for me. Even if you follow with a coat of wax

Im sure i read that the so called white wax for white cars will work equally as well on a pink car?

Honestly mate I could use a Purple wax on a White car and you wouldn't know the difference until 3/4 layers in.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Thought as much. Its a placebo effect surely, buy orange wax for an orange car and wow doesnt the orange wax do a great job.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
its the nature of the wax, you could use rainforest rub, purple haze etc and still get a 99% identical finish as you are with orange crush

Ps I still have a pot of Glasur I want to sell

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Chris. Nice post mate. I love Glasur's old-schoolness and little quirks traits that don't make it perfect. It's genuine.

I haven't used mine for aaages! Think I'll get it out when I finally do my, erm, "winter" prep.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
its the nature of the wax, you could use rainforest rub, purple haze etc and still get a 99% identical finish as you are with orange crush

Ps I still have a pot of Glasur I want to sell

For how much? And ive just seen how much it is brand new oh my!!

Exige V6 / Fiesta ST
Colour specific waxes are a bit gimicky mate. Also sealants bring out the best in White for me. Even if you follow with a coat of wax

I can only speak from personal experience after trying Zymol, Dodo Juice, Poorboys, etc that the Glacier Swissvax has given me the best results on my car. I've never really gotten on with sealants, but then it's personal preference I guess. The last sealant I tried was Zaino Z2 with some ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive and it did give a good finish, but I still preferred the Glacier.

I tend to apply wax every three months or so, then top up between washes with something like Dodo Juice Red Mist :) Although technically Red Mist is a sealant spray, so I'm using both I guess....

I can only speak from personal experience after trying Zymol, Dodo Juice, Poorboys, etc that the Glacier Swissvax has given me the best results on my car. I've never really gotten on with sealants, but then it's personal preference I guess. The last sealant I tried was Zaino Z2 with some ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive and it did give a good finish, but I still preferred the Glacier.

I tend to apply wax every three months or so, then top up between washes with something like Dodo Juice Red Mist :) Although technically Red Mist is a sealant spray, so I'm using both I guess....

Worth seeing if you can get a sample of Werkstat Acryllic Jett as it is superb on whites and silvers.

I think for the money it's hard I beat poor boys natty wax so easy to use too

Couldn't agree more, for an entry level £15 wax it out performs many more expensive waxes in both looks, durability and ease of use. Mr Barry R Gain.

Exige V6 / Fiesta ST
Worth seeing if you can get a sample of Werkstat Acryllic Jett as it is superb on whites and silvers.

A lot of people rave about this and I've never actually tried it. Hmmmm, might have to order some and try it out :)

Couldn't agree more, for an entry level £15 wax it out performs many more expensive waxes in both looks, durability and ease of use. Mr Barry R Gain.

I agree that the Poorboys stuff is good, although a lot of it is down to the preparation. A poorly prepped car and wax applied will not last as long as a well prepped car. Well that's just from my own personal experience.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm very surprised to see you use RM over Glacier. Like topping Kobe beef with bisto. Deserves better.

Exige V6 / Fiesta ST
I'm very surprised to see you use RM over Glacier. Like topping Kobe beef with bisto. Deserves better.

I actually bought it for my wife's car and thought I'd try it on mine. It does leave a nice glossy finish and seems to keep the majority of crud off over the winter months when I can't get out and give it a proper clean.

I have been trying out the Nano-Express as well, although it's not easy to use (especially in the cold).

Here's my detailing shelf from the summer, but after reading this thread, there are a few products that I want to add to it :D

2c1c6078.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Z6 there and you're using RM! The angels are crying. :eek: