ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to clean plastics like bits round thge mirror cap, splitter etc...

RB & LY 182
as above really detailed my car not so long ago but didn,t mask off the plastics (big mistake i know) but whats done is done now how do i clean it off?

products and techniques please peeps

thanks

steven

AutoGlym bumper care has always done wonders for me, havent used anything so cant comment on alternatives.

Give the plastics a good clean as you would normally, then once dry, use AG Bumper Care as per the instructions on the back.

Steven, the marks I presume are cloudy/white wax and polish marks, yes?

If so, you need to remove these before following the man aboves advice and protecting/dressing the plastics.

The best option I have found (through testing numerous myths etc) is WD40 and a lot of elbow grease with a MF cloth. The WD40 breaks the polish down and the rubbing removes it. Only once the plastics are clean can you then protect them and insure they look new for longer.

Hope this helps.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
^^ I'd love to say this works but for me it didn't - I've had polishing spots on my scuttle for months now and I can't get it off!

Come over and I'll sort it. It does work, old Clio was full of them when I picked it up from Renault.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Free bonnet polish? damn cats next door are DESTROYING IT! :(

Titanium 182
Use an eraser. Rub it on the marks and then rub the bits of rubber off. Works a treat.

I was just about to say the same thing!

Personally I wouldn't use any products if I can get away with it, as naturally the plastic has some protection on them and most of the products on the market will strip this. AG bumper care is good, though, as is the Aerospace 303 stuff.

ford cougar 2.0 16v
toothbrush preferable the exes. nah kiddin. but a really soft dental brush. or cotton wool as its mildly abrasive.