ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to keep car clean

FF Orange Clio 182
Ladies and Gentlemen,

What's the best wax/coating to keep your car clean?

I see lots of posts about the best waxes and coating for colour and shine but in your experience what products best keep your car clean (after it had been cleaned)?

I currently use EGP.

Thanks

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Depends how dirty it gets really.
My black 172 is a pain in the ass to keep clean but is easy as its waxed at least once every 3 washes.
When its not waxed i use a quick detailer which is easy to apply and takes less than half the time of waxing.
From mine being gleaming to looking like it hasnt been washed for months is at most 2 days.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Does everyone just use QD in between washes? I always thought that would just drag the dirt around and really you should do a proper wash?

Maintanence in between washes is something I struggle with, I generally pre-wash and jetwash every week, proper wash alternate weeks.

My black 172 is a pain in the ass to keep clean but is easy as its waxed at least once every 3 washes.
When its not waxed i use a quick detailer which is easy to apply and takes less than half the time of waxing.
From mine being gleaming to looking like it hasnt been washed for months is at most 2 days.

Perils of a black car mate. My titanium can go months n months and still look respectful

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
The reason why I wouldn't have another black car! They do look great when clean though

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Does everyone just use QD in between washes? I always thought that would just drag the dirt around and really you should do a proper wash?

Maintanence in between washes is something I struggle with, I generally pre-wash and jetwash every week, proper wash alternate weeks.

I dont just QD over the top of dirt. I rinse it all off first then qd.

RB Clio 182
I never qd in between washes, I just wash the car weekly and use the qd for a final wipe down after I have been around the estate to get rid of any water spots etc.

Clio Trophy
I use poor boys jet seal, really happy with it, but as said above they don't really make any difference on how easy it is wash

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Do as you are. Pre wash/snow foam/citrus wash then pressure wash off. Qd/spray wax/spray sealant afterwards.

You're right about using a ad over dirt.

I only use them as finishing touches tbh, if I've got a bit of trim dressing or similar on the paint after a clean, Qd the gel and wipe off

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Paint protection film PPF is golden. Detail your car to perfection! Apply it and then it doesn't matter how you wash it it will come out like new every time. It also protects against stone chips and key marks although it is fairly expensive but affordable if you do it yourself.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
CQuartz coating maintained is amazing, as is Nanolex Si3D
My black 159 was a doddle to keep on top of when wearing Nanolex :)

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
gtechniq CS Light works brilliantly on the wife's Megane. Cleans easily (less than an hour) and keeps swirls to pretty much non existent.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg