ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best way to remove old bushes from dogbone mount?

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
going to be replacing these bushes with polyurethane ones i imagine its going to be tough removing the old ones from the dogbone any advice?

cut / drill them out if you havent got a vice to hold the dog bone while you hammer the bushes out. mine were drilled and cut out using a jigsaw.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Blamp the dogbone in the vice, find a socket thats about the same size and just drive it out with a hammer, simples.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
I had to cut mine out, was a nightmare the drill just kept burning the rubber ffs,

got it out with a blowtorch in the end :)

clio sport 182
how do you know if these bushes are knacked, ive got all the symptoms but when you get under and check there is no play or anything that stands out

how do you know if these bushes are knacked, ive got all the symptoms but when you get under and check there is no play or anything that stands out

excessive gearstick movement when you come off throttle pedal is pretty much all the signs you need. does make a huge difference in my mind, the gearchange feels more precise too so its worth doing whatever imo.