ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best website host?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Currently use Freeola/ Get Dotted for 5 websites and 6 email addresses but I think there're totally gash.

Would anyone recommend anyone to use?

Cheers

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
We use fasthosts at work iirc, never had any problems, they're easy to speak to and have about 80 domains with them.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Have used bluehost for the last 5 years, not a single period of down time that I remember.

Good value if you buy 12 months at a time.

Always used HostGator. Amazing service, if you have a problem it is usually fixed within half an hour to an hour or even instantly because they have online chat. Wait in queue and speak to an adviser who usually do things instantaneously as you talk. They are limited by software, hardware faults though they then raise a support ticket for you to the webmasters of the company who deal with the problem promptly.

LY 182
Hostgator are generally good but as they are based in the US it's not particularly good for your website in terms of SEO.

I'd recommend Tsohost - https://www.tsohost.com/

Recommended to me by a leading SEO company in London and I've had zero issues with them. They have a lovely custom interface as well for doing everything like adding new sites, setting up mail addresses, etc. I'm just on the £5/month package.

2.2 bar shed.
catalyst2.com. Best customer service out there based on the ISPA awards. I also work for them and am here to b**ch at! Also, 99.97% uptime & n+1 redundancy.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I use bluehost and have been pleased with the service overall.

Used fasthost in the past for work too, they were ok as well.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nothing to do with you working for them? LOL

*best* is probably the wrong word to use, my hosting bill is around £800 a month

I think that the OP mentioning his budget and what the site is for would probably be a good idea TBH, as different hosts suit different size sites.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Remember to pick a UK host, otherwise legally your handing over all your data to the USA (if you pick one or they have hosted servers there) and the goverment can access anything they so wish. Technically your breaking some amount of ISO laws here if you do that.

I work for them? LOL.

No I don't.

Your about page on here said otherwise until you edited it.
Also your profile on steam says otherwise

Screen%20Shot%202012-11-15%20at%2012.59.11.png

And your profile on 206info

Screen%20Shot%202012-11-15%20at%2012.59.42.png

Also...

Screen%20Shot%202012-11-15%20at%2013.01.10.png

Screen%20Shot%202012-11-15%20at%2013.01.53.png

Screen%20Shot%202012-11-15%20at%2013.02.14.png

And you setup a proxy and subdomain on swbroadband.co.uk for someone here -> http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?560912-Proxy&highlight=swbroadband

Just sayin...

I think that the OP mentioning his budget and what the site is for would probably be a good idea TBH, as different hosts suit different size sites.

Yeah kinda what I meant - hosting is hardly a one size fits all deal

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
FLOL

Way to advertise your company there Conneh, by presenting yourself as a dishonest employee who lies about who he works for.

Best hope your boss doesnt see this thread, FLOL

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I've used Relichost before and they've been good, just a reseller type affair (I think it was a post on here that put me on to them about 5 years ago) but have been cheap and good for that time.

As for the above, if you don't work for them I'd be intrigued as to the affiliation then as I'd say you're either something to do with them (a mate's company maybe) else it's just a little weird to have it plastered all over your profiles :p