ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Wheel Cleaning Kit Around

Black/Gold 182!
Where is the best one from the companies on the net.

After some brushes etc, cleaners all in one. Will use SRP and EGP when done.

But wondered what brushes were best and if there was a decent kit ready to buy on the net.

The wheels in question are 182 Cup Alloys. I am finding brake dust builds up ever so quickly, how can I try and minimise this build up so quickly.

106 GTi
One EGP you wont use anything more than soap and water on them. I use a Black and Blue Halfords wheel brush on mine.

Initial clean up use some Autoglym Engine and Machine Cleaner.

Wonder wheels and AG Clean Wheels are both acidic.

Black/Gold 182!
One EGP you wont use anything more than soap and water on them. I use a Black and Blue Halfords wheel brush on mine.

Initial clean up use some Autoglym Engine and Machine Cleaner.

Wonder wheels and AG Clean Wheels are both acidic.

Cool, will try that, got all that stuff at home.

Just need the brush, saves me some money at least.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Rich I have a mate that works as a mobile wheel refurb/ paint chip bloke....national company....
He gave me a sample of a new AG product...called Custom wheel cleaner...its a non acidic formula....however I reckon its totally ...PUMP.
Can post you a pic of the product if you like, don't think its available in the shops yet.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
DSC00365.jpg

DSC00364.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

Perhaps you have already seen this product before....

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Ooooooh thats a new one ive got the older orange labelled one which is a lil bit naughty:eek: quite acidic. I always wet the wheels before spraying it on give it a quick brush round then water rinse & final shampoo + rinse only leave it for a short time & do each one individually.

Must try the blue label is it anygood ?

106 GTi
Not got round to trying it yet here. Sounds interesting though - would be good to see what it is like compared to the Engine and Machine Cleaner.

clio 182 FF
what about cleaning products on a powder coated wheel? I've been told to stay away from all alloy wheel cleaning agents and just use soap and water but i dont have time to spend just to wash my wheels is there anything outhere that I can use that will speed up my time?

106 GTi
I would use Autoglym Engine and Machine Cleaner. It is basically a strong acid free shampoo/cleaner - paintwork friendly and won't dull the finish but will shift grime well.

visualize whirled pe
Is Engine and Machine basicly TFR (traffic film remover/ G101) the reason ask is I remember this stuff was very effective at cleaning tough deposits but I am not sure if it is acidic, it was however very cheap, somthing like a £1.50 for 4 litres!

106 GTi
Yeap that is all the Engine and Machine cleaner is - Should be non acidic if it is the same as the AG ones.

mk4 golf gttdi180
i brought the new lmj shine stuff from woolworths its in a flourescent tub with a sponge works really well on the wheels and cleans all the black trim very gd on clios and A gd price

mk4 golf gttdi180
Is Engine and Machine basicly TFR (traffic film remover/ G101) the reason ask is I remember this stuff was very effective at cleaning tough deposits but I am not sure if it is acidic, it was however very cheap, somthing like a £1.50 for 4 litres!
the traffic film and degreaser from sure chemicals is brill i always wash my car with it before i wash and wax it do all t sills and boots