ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best wheel size???

Slooooow Ass 1.2
I got 15 inch alloys on my Clio with 195/45/15 tyres. Seems to be able to pull off quickly and also dials stay accurate with a good handling ability. Heard around that going to 17's can make the dials untrue and damn cameras can snap ya.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Depends on Wheel Style, The Original RS Spec 16" is a Great Size for Looks and Performance BUT I'm changing down to 15"s soon but only cos I'm getting 2118's :D

182 and cherokee 4.0
i am looking for some new ones for my 182, i want performance over looks i think. i had my heart set on some buddy club p1s i saw on the ktec website. does anyone any experience of these on the 182? also would 15s or 16s be better?

Ian

Focus TDCi
Personally I'd stick with 15s or 16s. I'm probably one of the minority with a mk2 running on 14s. I've never driven a Clio with any other wheel size so can't really comment on performance.

I'll either be going to 15s or 16s though next year, mainly to improve the aesthetics.

182-racing-blue

car2.jpg

16's for looks

n502423814_574206_481.jpg

15'sfor the track

182 and cherokee 4.0
cheers for that. anyone suggest a good lightweight one for a non-cup 182? looking to get some eibach sportlines soon too soon

182 and cherokee 4.0
anyone got any picture of a clio with the team dynamics pro race 2s or buddy club p1s on?

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
Whatever size the biggest wheels the car had as standard are the best, as the suspension is set up for those wheels. Renault never made a phase 2 with 17s for a reason.

182 and cherokee 4.0
cheers for the pics mate. mine is silver so it's good to get an idea how they look against the colour of the car. either way i think i would be going for anthracite coloured or possibly black on the
team dynamics.

A Flamin' Red one
17s make the handling shocking! I used to struggle to keep it under control under hard acceleration and the steering was SO heavy.

Italian 3.2 V6
  clio 172 cup
Will the 15" ultraleggeras fit a 172 cup?

yess and give a dramatic weight loss 2. not sure what the exact weight loss will be becuase i dont know the weight of the 172 standard wheels are but im guessing they will be between 9-11kg. which would mean you would have a 16(min)-24kg loss and make the car much more agile on handling.
Which size tyres would be best?

Italian 3.2 V6
yess and give a dramatic weight loss 2. not sure what the exact weight loss will be becuase i dont know the weight of the 172 standard wheels are but im guessing they will be between 9-11kg. which would mean you would have a 16(min)-24kg loss and make the car much more agile on handling.
Which size tyres would be best?

i would pay the extra 40quid and get the lower profile 195x45x15 toyo tyres. since they are lower profile they will also it suit and enhance the alloys well.

i am currently thinking hard on buying myself a set tbh.:approve:

182-racing-blue

car2.jpg

16's for looks

n502423814_574206_481.jpg

15'sfor the track

What tyre gel do you use!?

I never clean my wheels, always get my mate to do it, he runs a car valet uk site near me. I know he uses a paint brush to apply it. Im not a fan of tyre shine so don't use it on track wheels as it splatters up the side of the car when you drive fast.

So in summation, I havent got a scooby mate lol.

I can ask him though. :D

Clio 172 MK II
Until now I had 15", 16" and 17" on my Sport
17" is overkill if you don`t have lightweight wheels. Car response is to slow, it feels heavy on turns.
16" is very good compromise between look and drive, but also lightweight wheels(ok, I admit, I don`t like heavy wheels :D)
But for track use imho the best is to have 15" with semi slick or full slick on them :)