ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best xenon bulbs

172 cup
Hi,
just recently bought some xenon headlights for my cup and was wondering whats the best bulbs to buy for them?? had a search and seen some from hids direct but for surely 15 quid they cant be that good??

Also whats this rear suspension adjustment I keep reading about, can someone clear this up.

Thanks

The 15 quid ones from Hids direct are really just the £5 ones from Hong Kong off ebay, the company seems to resell them. I bought a set of Hids direct 5k and have had no troubles to be honest. Bought the set from Hids direct then got the ebay set which is identical just as a backup but dont think I will need it.

Osram cool blue are about £60 a bulb if you want the best Id get something like that.

GSXR + KDX220
I also got some from HIDs Direct for £15pair and have had no trouble whatsoever and they look O.E, but for the price of the expensive ones @ £60 each you can get 8 pairs of the cheap ones, is that not a no-brainer? lol

Yep I agree, if you look in my project thread Ive got an OEM bub vs. the hids direct bulb, build quality looks fine. Someone said they'd been running them for 2 years no problems.

172 cup
Cool I'll invest in a pair of them then.

also been reading about swapping the adjusters over for the cup ones is this necessary??

172 cup
What do you mean "rear suspension adjustment" ? First I've heard of it too lol

I swear I read something about that, where when you go up a hill it adjusts the height of the beam level lol
I may have worded it wrong :S rear leveling adjustment??

GSXR + KDX220
HID's direct also have several "temperature" (colour) options, I think the 4k ones are closest to standard, thats what I went for anyway :)

Not sure on that one mate, never looked at Cup ones

GSXR + KDX220
I don't have a manual adjuster on mine, only the little adjuster wheel for the dash light brightness