ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big 1.2 16v problem’s

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Nightmare problems with my crappy little 1.2

i think the head gasket has gone!! - after 27,000 miles?

Help!!

there is a funny residue at the oil filler neck

and a incredibly small amount of oil in my water i flushed it out and it was orange and blue with a small amount of oily stuff on the top of the water

should i be worried

Sounds like a head gasket.... Man they way I drive mine im worried with the burning smell I get if it would last till 15k

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

sh*t!! if i never see another renault i will be happy

i dont drive it hard all the time (30%) and i take good care of it

bollox f**king crappy renaults

im off to the the audi showroom

Lionel Richie

Mines alright tom, its done 27500ish and i give it MAJOR DEATH!!!! It always gets into the 5K region whenever i drive it (you have to to get anywhere LOL!!!) I change my oil every 9K for good stuff (Castrol RS 0W40)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

fred could you check the spout where your oil cap goes for this yellow gunk stuff is that normal?

i have had my oil changed at 6000 and again at 12,000 and again at 18, 000 but not since as i forgot :eek:

I wouldnt trust lights... what if the bulbs gone? Nothing beats looking yourself - it only takes 10 seconds.

Daz.

Lionel Richie

sh*t!!!! Ive got yellow/white stuff all down the inside of the filler neck, better get down Renault quick!!!!!

I also drive a dynamic and need to ask

When i sit with my engine turned on stationary, my engine does nto seem to run smoothly, it seems as if it jumps every few seconds, as if its going to stall but doesent, its hard to explain.

Is this normal or do i have a problem?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

mine does that im worried

my car is out of warranty because i havent had it serviced by those renault tw*ts near me

fred let me know what they say sh*t this is gonna cost me big time

yeah i get that gritter. if you listen to the exhaust it makes a sort of popping noise also. im taking my car up the morrow.

Just had a look at mine. Its done around 9000 miles. There is a very very small sign of this stuff.

Has anyone asked Renault?. My old fiesta had quite a bit of this stuff and it was just normal, there might be nothing to worry about.

Also I have noticed that the oil level is getting low. What oils do people use on these engines and do you do a complete change or just top it up?. Also can Renault do this under warrenty???

As for the gittering, mine does that I went to Renault and they reset the computer. It still does it now, they just said that its because of how lean the engine runs??

Rik

My exhaust pops... when you come off the throttle... its only since i got the ECU updated... thats running lean... Wheres bloody K-tec with the Remap!!!

Oh my f***ing word!!! This is DEFFO an indication that the head gasket has blown... I just showed my oil filler cap to my mate whos a mechanic and he said theres no doubt about it. Gentlemen, I think we have a problem!!! Mines, just like Freds and Toms are, full of yellow gunk, inside the cap and all round the neck, etc. I really hope I dont get any warranty crap off Renault, refusing to pay out etc. because of my Scorpion exhaust system!!! Im sh*tting a brick right now!! I did think performance was down a bit lately.

john, what Renault garage do you use? I know youre local-ish, perhaps it would be wise if I went to your dealer also, so they know its a problem with the car. Also, do you have any warranty-threatening mods?? Cos I think I may be up sh*t creek!!!!

Lionel Richie

The Reno bloke i spoke to today reckons its just condensation, but im not as convinced as him, its a bit weird that a few of us have the same thing

It could be true, but I think you should take your cars down to them. Like I said my old Fiesta used to do this and it was just normal.

Im not going to tke mine yet cos there isnt much sign of any yet. But if you could let me know how you get on.

Thanks

rik

Hey it costs 67 quid for a normal exhaust from a large motor factors. If your that worried then go buy one and remove your exhaust. I know that coz i had to saw my old one off and I needed to know the damage.