ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

big clutch problem

clio rsi
My clutch used to be REALLY stiff and the clutch cable snapped, i got my local garge to fit a new one today and now the pedal feels alot easier. But the pedal does not move down far enough to put the car into gear, i can just about get it into gear but it crunches alot etc
The guy said the clutch is auto adjusting so he says there is nothing he can do about it, he suggested i need a new clutch
Its pretty much undriveable, all i really need is the cable pulled a bit tighter to solve the problem, anyone know what i should do? he said a new clutch would be £300 fitted!? does that seem a fair price,my mate only paid about £100 fitted for his fiesta 1.1

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Are you saying they fitted the wrong size (too big) clutch? ;)

Doesnt sound right at all. The clutch itself should be fine but your clutch cable could be stretched. I'd take it back and ask them to roadtest it.

I'd think its new clucth time unfortunatly.
£300 a good price though just make sure its a normal Renault clucth pay the extra as its not much more and there so much better made and easier to use.
The 172's a pain to do clutches on the 1.2 fieseta a small engiens car so there more space.

1.6 focus zetec....
Where are you based mate??? My dad know's a chap that owns a garage and they owe him a few favours and did my clutch for £150....

Kiza

kiza1986 said:
Where are you based mate??? My dad know's a chap that owns a garage and they owe him a few favours and did my clutch for £150....

Kiza
Its easier on the smaller engined cars. Noone would do a 172 for that price (well not twice anyway).