ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

big headphones

i want some big decent headphones for when im at home to connect to the hifi

any suggestions ? dont want to spend 100's though

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've got some skullcandy hesh, really impressed with them. Much better quality than their in-ear headphones. Can't beat em for the price tbh!

everything lol

jazz metal hip hop d'n'b rock trip hop trance

very wide range also would be used with gaming and tv too

so far im looking at grado sr60 and sennheiser hd280 pro

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 White
I have some WESC bongos but they are rather bassey. Good for on the go though.

Try some out.

Octy VRS
sonymdr7506155105960347.jpg

I have these MDR-7506/1 which I use for my studio stuff but they are fantastic for normal use too. I think they are better value than the top of the range 7509's too. The PFR-V1's are silly money and just look too odd.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
hmmm they're all quite different. Good headphones... (depending on how much you're looking to spend) are typically bought for purpose.

Mine for example are beyerdynamic dt770 pro's running at 80ohms, they have excellent bass response for games and the sort of music i like. For example Masive Attack - Angel sounds incredible on them. They take around 50 hours to set in, but it depends on what you want from them tbh.

Sennheisers top end are also very good.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i tihnk you should look at a set of sennheisers, perhaps 555's or 595's?

555's can be had for round £60 and tbh if you ook on ebay you can normally get 595's for good money.

also think about whether you want open or closed cans...thats another consideration

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
well then more importantly, do you want other people to hear what you're hearing or doesn't it matter? the best sound comes from open cans mate

Evo 6, E92 320d
just looked at the dt770 pros they look good but outside my budget :(

I have dt990's, currently available for a little over £100 (£190 when i got them) bloody fantastic in most applications i've used them for. Very good quality across the entire scale - bass is very impressive.

VaVa
I've got the SR80's. Very good but build quality is pretty average and they're uncomfortable for extended listening imho.