ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big injector problems

Can anyone help ?

I was driving the car through town when the engine just cut out. I thought i had just stalled, but when it wouldnt start again i new their was a problem. Because the car wouldnt start i had to call out the RAC. The bloke said that their was a loose connection to my injector (its a Kreg 1.4 rt, so it has single point injection). He gave the connection a wiggle and the car started after a while. But sine then the car has broke down at least six times in two days. I give the connection a wiggle and after a long time wiggeling the car will eventually start. I have cleaned out the connection the best i can but the problem is still their.

anyone had a problem like this before ?

would cleaning the injectors make a difference ?

cheershttp://snwww.ifl.net/safetynet.gif?80201044955990^http://forum.cliosport.net/IE_textbox

if the problem is in the actual connection i dont think cleaning them will make a dfference. Do you know what connection it is exactly? if cleaning wont healp it, and you are sure that that is the fault, i would replace it and see what ahappens.

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Mine did this - its was a broken wire between the ignition switch and the starter motor - no ticking over when key was turned full? bloody white wire was broken in the engine bay....:mad:

Dave ive replied to your pm, but having read this post it is obviously a connection problem. There should be a multi plug on your injector. Take this off and peel the rubber protection back to expose the wires. if the connections look sound enough then it is a dodgy bit of wire. Unless you know your stuff then either renault or an autoelectrician that you can trust is needed.