ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Biggest Tyre size on....

You can fit 205's I think on the Dynamique wheelsw but thats the limit.
I used 195/50 there cheap and quite a few brands to choice from.

I still think the stock continental premium contact are the best all round tyre.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
or should i just pay for the best i can?

If the way you drive means you need and want the absolute best then you have to pay for the best.

If you don't drive that way there's not a lot of point in paying for the best. Tyre technology has been around for a long time without any huge advances. That means there's not really much difference between the very best and the merely reasonably good. Only people who are really good drivers really can tell the difference, or drive so they need the difference.

thing is when i got it they put a full set of budget 185/55/15 tyres on it. it has the standard continental on the spare and my brother who had a clio for a short time also said these were good but costly.

im definatly going to need a decent set soon as i keep feeling the front end slide when turning the wheels to much just before coming off a roundabout. its not as if im hacking it round but i can certainly feel it trying to grip but gets to a certain point and just says no.

now i dont say im the best driver in the world but have driven more unforgiving cars and they have seemed fine. i.e a 205 1.9gti with no mod cons and found that fine when giving it some.