ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering and wheels

Mark 2 1.5 dci clio
So I've got a 2003 1.5dci, I want to put 15 inch rims on and Lower it. Whats the biggest rim/tyre size I can run and the lowest I should go? I've seen 40mm seems to be best but idk what wheel size they are.

Thank in advance :)

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't go massively wide personally. Stick with something that won't completely ruin the ride, I'd go for some eibach sportline or pro kit springs they're well rated on here.
If you want to go 15s there's plenty of options, but I'd keep it simple and go for something like the ph1 172 OZ F1s. Has the added benefit of being able to get cheap Michelin tyres for them from the guy that sells them from the ginetta racing series.

Mark 2 1.5 dci clio
I wouldn't go massively wide personally. Stick with something that won't completely ruin the ride, I'd go for some eibach sportline or pro kit springs they're well rated on here.
If you want to go 15s there's plenty of options, but I'd keep it simple and go for something like the ph1 172 OZ F1s. Has the added benefit of being able to get cheap Michelin tyres for them from the guy that sells them from the ginetta racing series.
Would a 195/45/r15 OZ Superleggera be OK? And how much would you recomend lowering it by?

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Sweet thank you, have you got a photo?

My 182 on Cooksport springs and 15" superleggeras, so lowered about 30mm. Which is perfect imo as it means i can also run 16" wheels too without them scraping!

IMG_2125.jpeg
T