ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bike carriers for the mk3's

Mégane RS
I'm sure a lot of people on here are keen bikers, I'm looking for a decent bike carrier for the mk3 clio, pref a tailgate carrier and one that's not going to rub my paintwork. I'm getting sick of putting the bike in the back of the car now.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Ever tailgate rack I've ever owned has rubbed the paint work. I'm not really a great fan of them. I wouldn't trust my bikes to something held onto a structure that isn't designed to take a load (the tailgate) by some webbing straps! Get rear ended and good by bikes not to mention the faff of having to have a light board and not being able to get into the boot with the bikes in place.

I don't own a Clio (yet) but I'd go for a quality set of roofbars (OEM Renualt or Thule for instance) and a decent Cycle Carrier like the Thule 591. Much more secure and lockable. The downsides are added fuel consumption and a paranoid fear of car park hight restrictions, but in my opinon these disadvantages are far less than those of tailgate racks.