ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bike Throttle Bodies..

Phase 1 172
it has been done many times on 205 mi16's and 205 gti-6's which is what im used to.. i am new to the renault scene and im finding my 172 not as quick as id originally thought. now im wondering being cost effective, has anyone done this sort of conversion to a 172?
i know that most are going to say spend the cash and get say Jenveys but from previous experience down the peugeot scene there isnt alot in it between jenveys and well set up bike throttle bodies so was wondering if anyone on here has gone this route and how the cars performed?

thanks in advance.

tom

ITB'd MK1
the only thing i feel i want to alter is the throttle travel is rather short, so it makes for a very pointy drive.

need to graft on a quadrant with a bigger radius ;)

I've got a set of fireblade bodies for sale on ebay that i was going to try out on a mates Mi16. Was going to weld a 200sx throttle quadrant on. changed plan as we found some cheeeeeeeeeeeap jenveys badly titled on ebay

Phase 1 172
anyone done this to a 172 though?

and hutchie, how did you make the manifold, and what sort of ecu are you running with it?

2005 Nissan Navara
Hutchie ^^ has.

like you say yourself "when well set up"...the problem is think they can do it on a shoe-string then whinge when it costs more than £500.

Its been done on williams clios a couple of times, all 3 i know of have made s**t power simply because they havnt made a long enough manifolf, the overall intake length suffers and so does performance.

Last edited by a moderator: