ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilstein B14 rear shocks (172/182)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Does anybody know where I can get just a set of rears? I have the full b14 coilovers kit on.

I think my OSR is going but the rest of the kit is fine, so I just want to buy a pair of rears.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I would have a look at a set of koni shocks.

Or..ask someone like Kam Racing.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I was think Kam racing.

I also did think about the konis as they are damping adjustable and a straight fit. Depends on the bilstein price and also if I want to keep it as a complete kit.

Failing that, I could just get cup shocks. But wanted to find out about the billies first.

Tbh, I'm not 100% it's the shocks as they ride fine. I just get that sway/boaty feeling when driving, which is normally the rear shocks. Also it sometimes thumps when going over a raised bump in the road on the OSR which again made me think it's the rears.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I have messaged Kevin @ Kam Racing.

I also realised I have changed the upper rear bushes for new genuine ones earlier in the year @Daz... I thought you was on about the rear beam bushes, which I've never touched.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I was on about the rear beam bushes, they will make the rear end wander about if they’re completely shot.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Definitely worth it, you’ve put a lot of work into the car and it’d be a shame to miss a bit like that.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
@Dr Jekyll well worth changing the upper rear shock bushes.

Rear Suspension 02.JPG

Rear Suspension 03.JPG

Rear Suspension 05.JPG

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I did get new genuine ones earlier in the year @MarcB

I have ordered a new set of rear Bilstein shocks for my B14 kit from Kevin @ Kam Racing. It was new for £137 each inc vat or repair was £96 each in vat, but i would need to send them off. As i use my car daily i opted for new ones (plus delivery). Should take around 7 days as there coming direct from germany.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I did get new genuine ones earlier in the year @MarcB

I have ordered a new set of rear Bilstein shocks for my B14 kit from Kevin @ Kam Racing. It was new for £137 each inc vat or repair was £96 each in vat, but i would need to send them off. As i use my car daily i opted for new ones (plus delivery). Should take around 7 days as there coming direct from germany.

That's not as expensive as I thought.

There's a sweeping corner that I go round everyday and when I go round it with some speed then start to brake before coming to the roundabout at the bottom, the back end of mine goes a bit 'light'. Hoping it's not the rear shocks.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Mine sits lower on one side and also knocks on rebound. I get a boaty feeling and I've has it before where it was rear shock related.

I just hope it is otherwise, it was a £300 risk that may have not paid off!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Mine sits lower on one side and also knocks on rebound. I get a boaty feeling and I've has it before where it was rear shock related.

I just hope it is otherwise, it was a £300 risk that may have not paid off!

Fingers crossed then.

I'm tempted just to get some brand new genuine shocks and Cooksports as I'm fed up of messing about with the coilovers now.