ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilstein B14

Looking at these for my 182. I tried searching, but couldn't really find the information I was looking for..

I do believe they will fit my non cup pack suspension? They are not damping adjustable?

What top mounts are best to use with these? AST's or the K-tec racing ones? Any others?

Advice and experiences welcomed. :)

Thanks

Lovely road coilover thats perfectly usable of track. So well damped as they come, got a set on my cup currently.

With regards to top mounts, i'd go with the Pure Motorsport top mount and strut brace package. Again got this on my cup, and between the this and the coilovers it makes for a great drive without being too much on British roads.

Dont think Bilsteins fit on cup-packed 182's, but companies have started slotting the hub spacings so they are interchangable between the whole Clio MK2 range.

Nick

No damper adjustment. Have a look at the Pure motorsport top mount and strut brace kit.

Ok will do. Cheers

Lovely road coilover thats perfectly usable of track. So well damped as they come, got a set on my cup currently.

With regards to top mounts, i'd go with the Pure Motorsport top mount and strut brace package. Again got this on my cup, and between the this and the coilovers it makes for a great drive without being too much on British roads.

Dont think Bilsteins fit on cup-packed 182's, but companies have started slotting the hub spacings so they are interchangable between the whole Clio MK2 range.

Nick

Exactly what Im looking for, mainly road use with hopefully a couple of track days thrown in this year.

The thing that brought me to the AST top mounts is that they have some camber adjustment. Haven't looked at the pure ones yet, so dont know if they provide the same?

Ah thats great, my 182 doesn't have the cup suspension. Thanks for the help.

I love my bilsteins. My set up is with Mark Fish top mounts.

I guess it probably wont make much difference what top mounts you go for?!

Cup In bits
IMO If your going for non adjustable top mounts then Pure Motorsport are your best bet as a strutbrace can be added later and new bearings are easily available, if you want some caster or camber adjustment, go with AST. You can buy eibach camber bolts to adjust camber as well for £25. So AST mounts and eibach bolts are best for adjustment but a strutbrace won't attach to the top mounts just the strut tops.

Does a front upper strut brace make much difference on these? Coming from the land of saxos and 106s, I found that upper strut braces didn't really do anything. All they are doing is bracing the strut tops, which is what the bulkhead does anyway. So unsure if it would be the same case on these?

Cup In bits
I think the key difference is that the PM kit braces the strut top mounts by bolting to them and the strut top itself where as others available just bolt to the strut tops. Not going to notice much difference between both on a road car really. Iirc you can get PM brace kit for little more than AST top mounts cost.