ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilstein rear shocks

clio i think
Hi guys.
I’m looking to replace my 182FF (cup I believe) rear shocks
Theres a guy locally who is selling these bilstein ones. He advised me that I will need some nuts and washers, can this be taken off my original shocks?
If not I have an old knackered set of ktec rear shocks, wondering if they are the same rubbers and nuts
2f8ac61a22cd8278d33f7810c4d222ff.jpg

My old ktec ones
1e69d1373ecb8329312e7db688175d9c.jpg

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hi guys.
I’m looking to replace my 182FF (cup I believe) rear shocks
Theres a guy locally who is selling these bilstein ones. He advised me that I will need some nuts and washers, can this be taken off my original shocks?
If not I have an old knackered set of ktec rear shocks, wondering if they are the same rubbers and nuts
2f8ac61a22cd8278d33f7810c4d222ff.jpg

My old ktec ones
1e69d1373ecb8329312e7db688175d9c.jpg

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's mark, he is also a member on here.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Any help would be appreciated. I know the b14 shocks use a m9x1 nut for the top which is different to most kits/standard. These can be purchased from a nut/bolt store or a bilstein supplier.

However I cannot confirm about the washers that sit on the shocks. I believe these can be bought from the same place as the nuts. @Louis where did you get your nuts from?

dan's cast offs.
m9 x 1 is common on push bikes. or to do it the cheapskate way drill an m8 nut with an 8mm drill bit and tap it to m9, had to do two today as i forgot to get nuts!!