ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bird poo and PB wax

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
What do you guys use for getting bird poo off ?

Washed the car yesterday and within an hour about 5 birds attacked my car, I just want to spray them with something to soften them so I can either wipe or jetwash away so I don't have to wash and dry the whole thing again.

Also I've just acquired some poorboys quick wax+, I just sprayed it on and smudged it about lol before buffing it off, is this right?

Thanks Jamie

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
"Smudge it about" No!

Srpay some on the dirt if it's very fresh. If it's baked on don't bother it's not worth the risk.

Use a clean MF to remove once the QD has softened the dirt, don't rub just use a fluid motion to remove the dirt then QD the whole panel.

M135i
I'd give it a blast with the jetwash to be honest. Birds eat grit to aid digestion, so wiping that about on the paint will only do one thing.

Soak microfibre in warm water and lay it over the bird lime, once its softens use microfibre to lift it off but dont rub as already said above the grit/sand will scratch your paint work.

Then buy a gun and get revenge :evil:

Bumder With A Buffer
Warm water does indeed help so either a solution of warm water/shampoo (PH neutral type) or as Gally said.

Ps im no longer a pauper member :)

<----------

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
Thanks guys, so no specific product/chemical for the bird muck, I will give the rest a try tonight.

As for the wax, what's the best way to apply it? It a thin liquid wax so I put a spray bottle top on it, sprayed it on and smudged it evenly with a MF cloth lol then once gazed, buffed it off, is that wrong? Also how many coats should I apply and how long between applications?

Thanks Jamie

182 cup
I usually lay a damp piece of kitchen roll over the shite, leave for 20 mins then rinse off so you're not rubbing the paint