ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit of a niche question - Partner on your insurance

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Funnily enough im going from having company car insurance for 7 years to my own insurance and it cheaper with the mrs on than without

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
So on the recommendation of everyone above I tried Admiral today... smidge over £800! I'm paying £350 with Greenlight 😬 so that's a definitely no go for me.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I've been with Greenlight for a few years now and in honesty, next year, I'm probably gonna look elsewhere. Sometimes they've been sound when I've spoken to them and other times they've been borderline arsey and like I'm inconveniencing them.

Cant answer your question though sorry. Admiral might be a good one to look at.

Following on from this. I've just gone from a 18 year old Volvo V40 that cost me £700 to a 6 year old Mazda 6 that cost me 10 times that, thought my monthly payments would go up but no. Rang and told them, they gave me the usual 'we wouldn't usually insure a car like this but because you insure your clio with us, we can do it', paid £15 to change it and away I went, nothing else to pay. How does that work? 😂

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Following on from this. I've just gone from a 18 year old Volvo V40 that cost me £700 to a 6 year old Mazda 6 that cost me 10 times that, thought my monthly payments would go up but no. Rang and told them, they gave me the usual 'we wouldn't usually insure a car like this but because you insure your clio with us, we can do it', paid £15 to change it and away I went, nothing else to pay. How does that work? 😂
Because in the volvo they had to factor in all the people the car would kill in an impact. In the mazda they just have to worry about you.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Because in the volvo they had to factor in all the people the car would kill in an impact. In the mazda they just have to worry about you.

You joking, if i had a crash in that volvo, with all the rust it'd just crumble like cardboard if I crashed!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Had 4 cars with green light and now have one which is soon to be removed.

Like its been said I questioned a few things on my policy & my agreed value and I was told and I quote "If your not happy sir we advise you look else where"

My wife had two cars insured in her name with me as named driver and I had two cars insured with her as named driver.

My policy is due on Jan 27th with green light and if it aint low im going to a standard everyday insurance company.

Every car that's been insured with green light and every year it came round for renewal it has always went up and never once stayed the same or went down in value.

Im sure they just pick what they want to insure and what they don't.