ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit of help for a new clio driver.

Mk2 Phs1 Grande 1.2 8Vlv
could you please help me with a few things...
1) what type of model is my clio, picture is below, its a 2000 plate, 3 dr, grande version, 1.2.
2)any small,cheap and easy mods/changes to make please?
3)any ideas, where to get some alloys for it?

cheers guys and girls.

clio.jpg

alien green rs133
could you please help me with a few things...
1) what type of model is my clio, picture is below, its a 2000 plate, 3 dr, grande version, 1.2. 8 valve
2)any small,cheap and easy mods/changes to make please?
3)any ideas, where to get some alloys for it?
Ebay, halfords, cs online shop ;)

cheers guys and girls.

clio.jpg

Mk2 Phs1 Grande 1.2 8Vlv
haha, cheers for that cleared up a lot with the marks and all that jazz!

wlel just some really simple things, that are tried and trusted that you think would drastically improve.
where would you get the lights form? knew someone would say to get them...

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Lowering, decent alloys, Colourcode the bumpstrips and bumper mouldings, get smoked side repeaters, and that'll do :)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
most of my stuff comes off here tbh,

splitter is the black bit that hangs bellow your bumper,

cough up £10 and join,
TONES of bits on the for sale section.

Mk2 Phs1 Grande 1.2 8Vlv
i think i will actually, i thik i'd get a lot more out of it wouldn't i, with epple selling stuff, would u agree?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
epple???

personally im in a foul mood with selling bits, everyone wants your stuff but nobody shows up :(

but ye theres loads of guides that are great, and theres some pukker stuff in the for sale, but you need to get ur arse in gear about buying stuff.

also ktec do some good stuff,

what kind of mods did you have in mind??
and what kind of budget you on??

Ian

Focus TDCi
It's definitely worth it Matt, 90% of the items I've replaced have come from the For Sale section of this forum and the guides also help to get things right.

If you want an idea of where you can take a Mk2 Ph1 non-RS model, this is how mine is looking now: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=418157

Ph2 rear bumper (£50)
Dynamique spoiler (£45)
Ph2 rear lights (£45)
Ph2 172 alloys (£160)
Mégane splitter (£20)
Dual Optic headlights (£70)
Ph1 172 interior (£120)
Clear side repeaters (£5)
Silvervision bulbs (£15)

I would warn that you can get through money rather quickly, so decide how much you're willing to spend before you start. :)

Last edited:
  Mk2 Phs1 Grande 1.2 8Vlv
epple???people**

personally im in a foul mood with selling bits, everyone wants your stuff but nobody shows up :( honestly, if i wanted to buy stuff i would, i have a mate who's done up his polo, and he sells stuff and no one turns up, so i understand you!

but ye theres loads of guides that are great, and theres some pukker stuff in the for sale, but you need to get ur arse in gear about buying stuff. I do wanna buy stuff lol

also ktec do some good stuff,

what kind of mods did you have in mind??i want to do some simple, buy effective, in terms of looks.
and what kind of budget you on??a fariyl good one ;) i have a fair amount of money i spsoe.

Mk2 Phs1 Grande 1.2 8Vlv
It's definitely worth it Matt, 90% of the items I've replaced have come from the For Sale section of this forum and the guides also help to get things right.

If you want an idea of where you can take a Mk2 Ph1 non-RS model, this is how mine is looking now: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=418157

Ph2 rear bumper
Dynamique spoiler
Ph2 rear lights
Ph2 172 alloys
Mégane splitter
Dual Optic headlights
Ph1 172 interior
Clear side repeaters
Silvervision bulbs

I would warn that you can get through money rather quickly, so decide how much you're willing to spend before you start. :)
see that si quite like how I would like mine to get, if i'm not being rude, how much have u spent on that? i am joining tomorrow by the way guys!!;)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
which are what?

They are alloys fella, iirc called Wolfrace Pro 1.2 or you can get Team dynamic's aswell.

people tend to use different terms on here lol, but you will get used to it,

it is worth the £10, because god knos how many money i have saved from doing stuff myself, which iv had guide's from here :) also tips on spraying etc, all add's up, :)

J

Ian

Focus TDCi
MATTYMAN said:
see that si quite like how I would like mine to get, if i'm not being rude, how much have u spent on that? i am joining tomorrow by the way guys!!;)

Just added what I paid for the parts I've changed to my original post. There's a lot left to do, but I'm starting to get reluctant to part with cash lol. Best thing you can do is get it fully detailed (snow foam, clayed, machine polished, sealed and waxed etc.). Machine Polishing is next on my list.

Mk2 Phs1 Grande 1.2 8Vlv
Just added what I paid for the parts I've changed to my original post. There's a lot left to do, but I'm starting to get reluctant to part with cash lol. Best thing you can do is get it fully detailed (snow foam, clayed, machine polished, sealed and waxed etc.). Machine Polishing is next on my list.
cheers Ian, i think the lights make a huge difference, what type of place would you get the ''fully detailed (snow foam, clayed, machine polished, sealed and waxed etc.). '' done?

Ian

Focus TDCi
cheers Ian, i think the lights make a huge difference, what type of place would you get the ''fully detailed (snow foam, clayed, machine polished, sealed and waxed etc.). '' done?

Plenty of people on here do it on the side, just start a thread in the detailing section asking for someone in your area and somebody should get back to you. You're probably looking at around £100 for it, but once it's done it'll last (if you look after it). I've only hand polished mine so far, but it makes the car look factory fresh again. Machine polishing gets rid of the swirls and defects which you can't get rid of by hand.

Edit: also, if you have the wiring set up (I can't remember if the Grande has the loom in place or not), then I'd get a set of fog lights fitted, breaks up the front a bit.