ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bit torrent

mk1 172
it is to me !
ive been downloading something for 3 days now, its up to 87.0% and now it says - download rate 0kb/s have i done something wrong ?
is there an easier quicker way to get it ?

Mondeo ST TDci
sounds like there are no more seeds for the torrent. or the tracking cookie has timed out( if you went to a website and registered to d/l the torrent)

it all depends on what software your running, if it bitlord or similar, try stopping it and restarting it. (it should resume from where it left off)

If there are 'seeds' it could be just unlucky that none of them hve the remaining parts of the files, annoying, but it does happen.

Elise/VX220/R26
they rekon movie and game companies do this on purpose to annoy people ie seed only 80 odd % of a big file

also, set your upload speed to about 5kb/s-10kb/s....if you put it too high, it will nab all the download bandwidth. Think most adsl lines are about 30kb/s uploads.

Shhh
Try pausing it, then resuming it.

Then it looks for people with the files again. I tend to reduce upload speed, and limit it to 1 person a time.

Bus w**ker
What torrent client are you using and which tracker are you d/loading from?

By the sounds of it all the 100% seeds have gone and so you've only been able to d/load to the percentage of what the rest of the swarm have.

If it's a private tracker, or at least one with a forum, you could request a re-seed on the file.

As said above you need to set your max upload rate to a preset figure as having it set on max/automatic will kill your d/load speeds. The recommend figure is 90% of your max upload speed. So if your on 512K DSL it will more then likely be 256K up. So 256/8=32-10%=28.8 so set it around the 25-28K mark and you should be fine, obviously some ISPs have different rates for up.

2.5Gb shouldn't take you 3 days to d/load though unless your on 128K or dial-up. I'm guessing you haven't been leaving your PC on 24 hours whilst trying to d/load this file? If it's a tracker from the states most of the yanks will probably be coming online and seeding whilst your PC is turned off and your tucked up in bed.

Worst case would be that the torrent has been killed and your left with 87% of nothing lol. You maybe lucky though and able to find the exact same torrent, especially if its a scene release, on another tracker and then you will just have to d/load the torrent file from the new tracker and carry on from 87% where you left off.

Sy