ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bitcoins (and other crypto currencies)

2 grand profit for literally 24 hours worth of mining on £800 of cards!

After the 24 hours I mined so little it's not worth counting!

Originally sold 750k Doge at .68 then yesterday sold 1.56M at 225, totalling just shy of 4 BTC (we all like to round up, think it was 3.98 or something).

Very very happy.

Now onto the next new "hyped" coin!

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Jesus by the time I've heard of the coin and got it working, you've cashed out ! lol

How do you typically go about identifying promising coins, if you don't mind me asking ?

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Anyone still mining LTC? Is the difficulty too high now to make it worth it? I've got a lot of equipment I could put towards mining, just not sure whether it's still worth looking at

ph1 172
2 grand profit for literally 24 hours worth of mining on £800 of cards!

After the 24 hours I mined so little it's not worth counting!

Originally sold 750k Doge at .68 then yesterday sold 1.56M at 225, totalling just shy of 4 BTC (we all like to round up, think it was 3.98 or something).

Very very happy.

Now onto the next new "hyped" coin!

You sir are god damn lucky!

Think I'm going to wait till the next hyped coin appears, if it ever does. my 5000 doge wont get me nothing lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You sir are god damn lucky!

Think I'm going to wait till the next hyped coin appears, if it ever does. my 5000 doge wont get me nothing lol

Its not luck, its investment and research, he spent the money on the cards to mine with, so that he can mine LTC as a background task and then swap to other coins as soon as they come out if they look like they are starting to get a bit of traction.

Its a good strategy.

ph1 172
I know its an investment and research, I'm not that silly.

He's done bloody well from the dogecoin, I'm gutted I never built my rig in the middle of year and instead I went on holiday lol

Nice one Matt,

Where you not tempted to hold onto them in the hope they go up a little more?

Nah, could see that they had reached their peak in the market.

They had risen to 150 (missing lots of 0's here), and there was a 20 BTC sell wall for about 8 hours into the initial pump. This meant a drop to around 130 where we came back up to 150 with huge buy support and eventually ate through the wall. This then skyrocketed up to around 200 pretty quickly (with no big sells), and then up to 230. Around 230 There was a lack of buying going on and no sell walls, so we had kinda reached our peak, even though there was no obvious reason as to why. Coins like this tend to peak initially and then never peak again, so took a gamble of selling even though it could have meant I'd profit more later on (but with 4 BTC already who can complain?).

So looking at the market now we're at 116 ish (what I'd say is our normal value, probably less imo), and I don't think we'll see another rise quite so high at all. It's very similar to how feathercoin rose - there was some hype of a new coin where people coul0d "get rich quick", followed by a huge sell wall pushing prices down. It then rises past this eventually and peaks, but then will fall and actually never go as high again - speculation is done and people have already sold who were in it just for the profit.

Hopefully that makes sense and there aren't too many typos - just got back from a Staff Xmas lunch so mellow is a small word to use in this sense.

Personally I don't think we'll hit 230 again. I think if we're lucky we'll hit 160 with a push, but there are ALOT more coins now and people will be trying to cash out during the rise before it hits too high and comes crashing down, and will therefore sell earlier - but this will also mean with all these sells it will never hit tthe high it's "meant" to.

bubble-lifecycle.jpg

ldIe3nl.png

The similarities are hilarious.

ph1 172
IS it worth actually using a pc to 24 7 run two harvests on two different currencies?
EDIT - Don't think pc is a Celeron pc. Im using pc very lightly, just windows essentially.

What GPU is it running? and it also depends on what crypto coin you are mining?

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah had to order a bigger PSU. Stupid graphics card.

Been CPU mining on two different ones until this PSU turns up.

Long time since I looked at graphics card that required 2 6 pin PCIE rails. Jeezo.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
predicted 10-98k by end of year

Source for this massively wide ranging prediction?

Can you even call it a prediction when its between two amounts so far apart?

Thats like saying I predict a 182 is going to be worth between 1000 and 9800 by the end of the year? lol

Thats like saying I predict a 182 is going to be worth between 1000 and 9800 by the end of the year? lol

A few articles, but here are the main two:

http://www.coindesk.com/56-of-bitcoiners-believe-bitcoin-will-reach-10000-in-2014/

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-price-reach-98500-say-wall-street-analysts/

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analys...+10-100x+Current+Price+-+Analyst/8936836.html

Would have posted earlier but couldn't be arsed to find the links.

At the end of the day who knows, but judging by last year, its certainly feasible. All speculation I guess, you can apply as many theories as you want, but in the end nothing will ever truly predict it.

Considering bitcoin has gone from about $12 at the start of 2013, to $1240 (at it's highest) anything could happen.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Considering bitcoin has gone from about $12 at the start of 2013, to $1240 (at it's highest) anything could happen.

Past performance should not be used as an indicator of future performance.

And the trouble is, there is no real parellel that can be drawn either.

And bare in mind that its underlying value is no different now to when it was 12 dollars, so no reason it cant go back down to that again.

I think its value is only going to go up massively if it starts actually getting used as a coin and proves successful personally, for anything to hold a value long term, it needs to be useful.

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
A few articles, but here are the main two:

http://www.coindesk.com/56-of-bitcoiners-believe-bitcoin-will-reach-10000-in-2014/

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-price-reach-98500-say-wall-street-analysts/

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analys...+10-100x+Current+Price+-+Analyst/8936836.html

Would have posted earlier but couldn't be arsed to find the links.

At the end of the day who knows, but judging by last year, its certainly feasible. All speculation I guess, you can apply as many theories as you want, but in the end nothing will ever truly predict it.

I woudlnt really call any of those a strong prediction TBH.

My own opinion is that 10 years from now it will either be worth 100K+ or pretty much nothing, depending on if it gets used or not.

Im holding mine until then to find out.

Past performance should not be used as an indicator of future performance.

And the trouble is, there is no real parellel that can be drawn either.

I think its value is only going to go up massively if it starts actually getting used as a coin and proves successful personally, for anything to hold a value long term, it needs to be useful.

It is getting used as a coin? :S Fastchip accepts it too.

There's loads of new uses, Zynga and Target are now accepting it and many many other places (can't be arsed to list them all).

The Bitcoin exchange is also in NYE right on Wallstreet, which is just a big "in your face" to the people who trade there haha.

Underlying value is of course the same, but as more people get into the idea the price will go up.

I'd struggle to think we'd ever see it go below $200-300 after the amount of money people have invested in hardware, they just wouldn't let it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It is getting used as a coin? :S Fastchip accepts it too.

I mean as a coin in the mainstream. The people who accept it now I would argue do so almost exclusively as they are bitcoin investers and its a way for them to aquire more coins, or as a marketing gimmick.

Try and pay your taxes with it for example, lol.

If that ever IS allowed, its going to be worth a million a coin at the time probably!