ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bitting point

titanic killer
i have a 172ph2 and the clutch bitting point is really high like near the top,has anyone else got the same or is mine knackered?Is it adjustable?
any info welcome

Audi TT 225
Sounds like you need a new clutch mate. Just had a new one stuck in mine.
Do you hear it slip at all?

titanic killer
wow,so which one is it?theres no slipping clutch or anything just a high bitting point!

Audi TT 225
My bite is nice and low now... it was high before the new clutch.
It may not need a new clutch do you knwo when it was last changed?

My biting point is quite low. Drove a mates Hyundai Coupe the over day and kept revving the b****cks off it 'cause the biting point was so high!

Audi TT 225
It should gradually get higher over the lifetime of the clutch as it wears down....or thats my understanding of it

Audi TT 225
New clutch its a friction plate bit like a brade pad.
Using my not very technical knowledge I think (could be wrong)
The pressure plate pushes the clutch onto the flywheel to transfer the power from the engine to the geabox. As the clutch wears down the plate has to move the clutch further moving the bite position you feel through the pedal.

MkII Ph.2 172. Modified.
My clutch takes high, and has a short stretch of "slip space". Effectively the last three quarters of slack is spring tension only.
I won't have it any other way.