ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 182 Oulton Park

182 ff with cup pack's
spotted a black 182 today had no plates on it so cant give a number was out on track too

Yup, that was me, saw both of you :)

I really wanted to do the recent Focused Events day at Oulton but left it too late and missed out. Today was very expensive, but having only done two trackdays in over two and half years of owning my 182 (plan when I bought it was to do two to four a year!), it was time I got another under my belt. Knowing that I probably won't be able to do another for a least a few months, I thought sod the expense and booked it.........then thought - wonder who else would book such a day for £300? (i.e. I was slightly worried).

I got my answer - I arrived early to find several large trucks already there, then everyone else turned up! If I remember correctly there was a standard looking white Exige (which lets face it is pretty hardcore for a road car anyway), there was a caged yellow Elise..........and everything else was built for racing.

I hadn't been on track long before a Ferrari 360 GT car come up behind me, I moved over, he went past and as he backed off into the next turn flames spat from his exhausts - really cool!

They were intimidating, particularly the GT cars (especially the gullwing Merc. and the KTM X-bows!!!) but I just got on with it. The thing is the circuit is 2.8 miles long and although the other cars were quick - they passed quickly and then I could get back to concentrating on my own driving.

In summary - was concerned beforehand, but once on track I had a lot of fun. I am concerned that I, in my Clio, could be allowed on track with cars like that - such a massive speed differential. Great experience being on track with such incredible cars, but probably only as a one off - think I'd rather be out with more 'normal' cars next time. :)

Curtis - you were around for a while, I spotted your BTM sticker, we should have had a chat, maybe next time. Did you bag yourself some good pics?

DCi 100
Sorry should have said Hi! I was mainly shooting the Xbows all day for a friend. If I had known I would have made sure I got some for you. I definately need to work on shooting more cars as every time I come home I seem to have pics of 3 of the however many on track. :dapprove:

Can't really argue that anyone held you up during the day :rasp: Didn't do bad but what tire's are you driving on? And standard cup setup?

If I'm honest I thought it was a test day till I noticed the organiser/wristbands and passengers!

No worries on the pics, was just wondering how you'd done - can't be an easy task taking pics of cars moving at high speed.

Btw, those KTM's are mean looking cars in your rear-view mirror.

Unfortunately you're right - did my best not to hold anyone up for any longer than necessary, only cars I passed were slowing down or off the circuit :(

Goodyear Eagle F1's - on their last legs (managed to melt the surface of the tread across the full width of all four tyres). Thought I'd finish them off before having new tyres fitted when it's in at Birchdown. Standard cup suspension. Only upgrades to car - matched inlets, RS192 exhaust, Goodridge braided brake lines and Pagid Blue pads on front (probably the most useful change).

DCi 100
Actually easier taking pictures the faster they go, or atleast I think. I haven't shot bikes yet though so don't quote me! :)

Sounded/looked like the tires were holding you up for the time I spent at Knickerbrook. I didn't really go anywhere else! (Been a douzen times this year already so it gets samey sometimes) Pics will be up later.

Found this though;

N0I6j.jpg

Nearly on 3 wheels!

Last edited:
Brilliant, thanks for that. If there are any that you could email me, let me know and I'll pm you my address - would be much appreciated, but no worries if you can't.

Is this a hobby for you, or do you make money from it?

I might buy some from these guys - http://www.fresh-orange.co.uk/ seem expensive, but then I've spent so much already - would a bit more matter :S

P.S. In that photo, shouldn't I be several feet closer to that yellow cone? And see my avatar pic. - on three wheels, clear air under nearside rear :)

Is this a hobby for you, or do you make money from it?

Just realised that could be offensive, wasn't meant to be, not a criticism of your photography skills - just wondering if it's something you purely have an interest in or something you can make money from.

DCi 100
Just a hobby dude. I didn't take any offence what so ever from that btw ^ I'm constantly learning it seems :) If I could make money from it I would but, I don't think I'm up to it just yet.

I usually have a chat with the pro there each trackday but didn't bump into the one today. Only problem with them is they seem magnetised on the same spots every track day!

73PI7.jpg

ZkGhk.jpg

FVgCK.jpg

All of those are 1600xZZZZ if you open them in a new tab.

The first photo is from the right hander coming out of Knickerbrook going up to Clay Hill yeah.

Thanks for those, I really like them.

Not that I'm any kind of an expert, but I always think it's good being able to see more of the surroundings, not just an extreme close-up of the car - gives more of an appreciation of what the car is doing.

DCi 100
More of a case of not being good enough to get a full frame on the car for me most of the time though!

My car of the day. Had a look for it a few times when I came back in to get a pic or two on my phone while it was parked, but it was always either out on track or they must have had the garage door shut.