ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black/black gold....

So as some maybe aware we just purchased a clio 172 in black????

I was not sure what this black gold thing was all about but someone said it was the black for 182s as it had gold flecks so mine would be the normal black.... However after yesterday's cleaning efforts I saw this...

negyga4a.jpg

If I'm not mistaken it appears to have gold flecks.... So what's that's all about? Has my car had a respray? As it has no evidence of it... Confused now....

Arctic 182
I'd say that's pearl black as well mate. My one had a similar sparkle or 'flake' in the sun, hence the pearl. Black Gold really comes through & makes it easy to see why it's black gold lol. Hopefully someone comes along with a pic to show the difference.

Nah that's just pearl black.

A properly polished Black Gold car in the sun has a lot more gold through it.

Pearle Black is still a bit shiny.

Park it next to a Black Gold though and the difference becomes very apparent. More so if both are freshly cleaned.

Cool... Thanks for clearing that up. Yeah quite impressed with how clean she looks but planning on clashing and waxing tomorrow if the weather stays the same :) really looking forward to meeting up with everyone eventually.